PDA

View Full Version : How to determine Inbox capacity

TheLovers2
25-08-2004, 05:17
Hi:

I was wondering how I might determine my inbox capacity to alleviate becoming full. Also, I received a message that my inbox was full and that someone was trying to send. After deleting messages, will it automatically show up or will they have to resend the message?

Thanks.

TL2

Kahlie
25-08-2004, 05:32
They have to resend the message.

I'm not sure about inbox capacity, although I did ask once, but I forgot how much it was! Shame on me!

Diana
25-08-2004, 05:36
99 messages. Inbox and Outbox. Am not sure if the Message tracking counts.

The PM that could not be sent will not be sent automatically again and will need to be sent again.

TheLovers2
25-08-2004, 06:01
Thanks, Kahlie and Diana. Ok, so I take you to mean that it would be 99 messages total, including Inbox and Outbox.

That will be helpful to know. I'll have to keep track. Also, I am assuming that the person "sending" does not get a message letting them know that your inbox is full and cannot receive - or do they? It would be good for them to know, since it's possible that some people may delete a message after sending it.

TL2

lunakasha
25-08-2004, 06:03
Actually....I think the maximum capacity is 90 messages.....

I am guilty of not emptying my inbox frequently enough....

:) Luna

Diana
25-08-2004, 06:03
99 total, including Inbox and Outbox.

The person who sends a PM to a full box gets a message saying "So-and-so's Inbox is full. An e-mail message has been sent to them to inform them."

And the person who gets the e-mail gets a message saying something like "So-and-so tried to send you a PM, but your PM box is full." So you know who has been trying to send you a message.

Kahlie
25-08-2004, 06:05
Originally posted by Diana
99 total, including Inbox and outbox.

The person who sends a PM to a full box saying "So-and-so's Inbox is full. An e-mail message has been sent to them to inform them."

Sadly enough, there is no way to get that PM back as far as I know. I don't usually save my PM's when I sent them out.
So they are lost in cyber space forever!
Pushing back in your browswer won't get you back to your message!

Majecot
25-08-2004, 06:15
*Majecot runs to clean out her Outbox and pm Tracking*

MeeWah
25-08-2004, 13:17
At the very bottom of the forums' titlepage is a listing "Private Messages". It indicates the total number of messages in all folders.

Rusty Neon
25-08-2004, 13:21
In my experience, I have found that my mailbox becomes full at the 90 total messages (total of incoming and outgoing). If the maximum is 99, then "mail box is full" messages were going back to the senders erroneously, which I don't think is the case.

Diana
25-08-2004, 16:17
Maybe it's 90 then.

That's already a LOT of messages.