what oracle decks are discussed here ?

hilde430

Hi !

I've been exploring the forum for a few weeks now and I suddenly discovered this little corner :)

I live in Belgium/Europe. Over here oracle decks are more popular than tarot decks. I myself have been reading with Lenormand (petite jeu - small cards) for a few years already. But I have also been practising with the Lenormand grand jeu (mythological deck by Mlle Lenormand - big cards) and the Zigeuner Wahrsagekarten and the US Gypsy Witch.

I was just wondering if there are any people here working with any of these decks. Maybe we can swap readings and discuss about it ?

Hilde

zorya

hi hilde :)

welcome to the oracle board!

There are several people that have a lenormand deck. i am very much a beginner as i was very recently gifted with my first lenormand (piatnik) by our dear diana. she is very knowledgable about the lenormand decks, so hopefully she will join us here :)

i recall that others had the gypsy witch, but have not seen it discussed in a while.

hilde430

Hi Zorya,

Well, this is just an idea, but how about we discuss a 3-card spread once every week or once every two weeks...

I could start the tread with the 3 cards up for discussion and see if someone wants to start a discussion.

The Lenormand jeu was the first deck I ever bought, and that was like 12 years ago. I don't really read for others, except friends and family. But I think I know the cards well enough to give some advise about them.

What do you think ?

Hilde

Diana

hilde430 said:
Well, this is just an idea, but how about we discuss a 3-card spread once every week or once every two weeks...

I could start the tread with the 3 cards up for discussion and see if someone wants to start a discussion.

Hi Hilde!

Are you planning on using the Grand Lenormand? If so, I don't think you'll get a lot of responses.... because there are very few people here (if any) who know it.

It's very complicated pack of cards indeed. It has left me stumped. The books I have read confused me even more.

A number of people do have the Petit Lenormand though. With or without the verses on them. I have a lovely Petit Lenormand that I won on e-bay which is from the 1930s. It was obviously well used and it is full of mysterious "energies". I love it to bits.

hilde430

Hi Diana,

I would use the petit jeu. I have the grand jeu but am still learning it myself. I only know of one forum who discusses the grand jeu, so if you're interested in learning to understand the grand jeu, let me know. I will pm you the link to that forum.

Hilde

zorya

hilde430 said:
Hi Zorya,

i would love to see a discussion started. although i'm afraid i will have little to contribute, i am eager to learn.

hilde430

OK then. I will start a discussion in a new thread.

Hilde