PDA

View Full Version : Which crystals do you keep with your Tarot decks and why?

Ophelea
06-09-2004, 14:19
Just curious... I've read that some people keep certain stones with their decks, for many different reasons.

Sounds like a lovely idea, and I'm thinking about putting this into practice.

But first I'd like to know from all of you more experienced folk at the ATF which stones/crystals you use, and why:)

Thanks,

O.

DeeLite
27-09-2004, 10:04
I keep a piece of tumbled sodalite with my tarot cards, as it helps in the spiritual aspect of reading and connects you with spirit. I also made some little muslin sachets, about an inch and a half square and filled them with mugwort, to put in there too. It helps with divination.

TemperanceAngel
28-09-2004, 16:46
I keep a quartz crystal with mine, about 12 cm long and 5cm wide. I hold it when I read to keep me grounded and focused and I think it also helps keep my deck clean of energies.

I also have a rose quartz owl, who sits with me, my little friend.

And on the Tarot table whilst reading (at the moment, these do change) citrine, celestite, rose quartz and amethyst.

azuremariposa
06-10-2004, 09:05
when i was doing many readings a day i kept two amethyst clusters nearby to keep my cards (and myself) "clean"...and i had a rather large cut and polished clear quartz wand to help me focus (about 8" long and 2" wide, or 22cm long and 5cm wide)...i called it my own personal "tower" and oddly enough it broke whilst moving about 2 yrs back...

these days, since i don't do quite as many readings, i keep a sugilite (protection), a sodalite (inspiration), and a clear quartz (double terminated) (focus & clearing) piece with my main 3 decks...i keep a selenite piece around for when i'm doing readings (kind of for focus AND inspiration ;) hehe), and depending on the person i'm reading for (some have too much energy, others will drain you if you let them) i might put out some other pieces, but it depends on the "situation" (for instance, i've found black tourmaline to be most helpful w/the type of person who has a tendency to drain others)...

many blessings...

~azure

Sinta
06-10-2004, 09:08
Within the pouch of my deck, I keep a scarab carved out of salt stone (well, i think it is.) It was a gift from an Egyptian friend of mine.

Now the deck is in that pouch with that scarab. That pouch is wrapped in pure silks and wrapped around that silk is another pouch which carries an amethyst and a necklace with another stone on it (not sure what).

For some reason keeping my deck this way comforts me.

smokey
07-10-2004, 19:42
I keep small smokey quartz for keeping my cards cleansed, hematite for grounding, and crystal quartz for aid with clarity/intuition.
~(also my enhydro crystals seemed to have helped empower some of my readings at times, and small, (but beautiful) abalone shells top/round these off.
(A "fairy cross" with my "Faery Oracle".)
..And I recently added some "shaman stones", & lapis, for use with a couple of my ritual decks, too!..

cormac
23-04-2005, 02:03
i know this thread is rather dated but i'm pretty new :)

i see that quartz is recommended to keep the deck "clean" -- i was wondering if i should also get the stones/crystal associated with my "personality" card (The Hanged Man, Aquamarine) and my "astrological" cards The Devil and Queen of Pentacles (i don't know if there is one for the Queen but I see that The Devi is obsidian)?

any guidance would be very welcome :)

cormac
23-04-2005, 02:27
btw i just ran across this searching online for info and thought some might enjoy it :) -- pretty cool moon :)

http://www.time4me.com/shop/newage/main.htm

peridot
23-04-2005, 07:09
Ok, well I've got a small labradorite sphere and a tangerine colored quartz crystal. Labradorite according to this little card is "a mystical stone which can be used to accelerate telepathic abilities. It can ehance the clarity of dreams, reawaken ancient memories, and call forth future visions"

And the quartz "can bring about a sharpening of inner vision and increased psychic and bodily awareness"

I'll keep them with my cards and see how it goes.

Anyone have thoughts about whether or not these cards are correct?

Ilithiya
23-04-2005, 10:31
I usually keep a 3x5x1" slab of selenite from my first Aeclectic trade in my collection's box, but everything got shifted during my last move and it hasn't been put back... not much point at the moment, either, since I'm moving again!

Hmmm... three moves in the last year... and it's supposed to have been a Chariot year, too. :D

Illy

cybercat
29-04-2005, 05:28
If was to keep any stone with my deck it would be snowflake obsidian. I find it is one of the best protection and clearing of bad energy stones around. To energize a deck I would use flourite. This crystal put out vast amounts of energy.

Cat

maltee
30-04-2005, 00:25
i keep a lovely piece of crystal quartz (for psyhic clarity and perception)with an amethyst (for protection) along with some lovely balancing friendly stones jade and turquiose all in a pouch with my cards.
i kind of feel that the stones act as protectors of the cards andcleansers of other energies that the cards encounter

MoonLite
01-05-2005, 11:07
Great to see a thread on Tarots and Crystals... I've recently become interested in both and have a little collection of crystals growing. At the moment, I've put a slab of selenite on top of my Tarot pouch - just wondered, does the crystal have to be touching the cards to protect them, or would what I've done so far be ok.

I have a piece of amethyst and quartz too that I could put in the pouch... but very interesting to read how others use them together. :D

~ MoonLite ~

Rajaneesh
02-05-2005, 14:22
I keep some snowflake obsidian, quartz and moss agate with my deck, as well as some apache's tears. On the table nearby is an alabaster Ganesh, to remove obstacles.

Nice thread!

Rajaneesh

anion-
11-05-2005, 13:58
I myself keep some amethest and tourmaline as well as clear qaurtz with my "reading" deck. I often rotate crystals through.
Recently, I saw a carved rock crystal merkahbah (sp?) in a metaphysical shop and I am coveting it for my deck box.

light2000
11-05-2005, 14:01
i put aqua marine and black turmaline
the black turmaline for dont enter bad energy, and the aqua marine for give me intuition and good vibes.

Emeraldgirl
11-05-2005, 15:00
Clear Quartz and Amethyst. Amethyst to aid my intuition and calm and centre and clear quartz cause it's a good for whatever ails you stone.

Sunrise
11-05-2005, 15:02
I use tumbled amethyst and a quartz crystal when I do my readings. I use the amethyst for protection and the quartz for grounding. It has become a habit to roll the amethyst in my hand as I read my cards. It is very comforting. I also like to light a candle, light an incense, and have blessed water to set the tone, though my readings are just as accurate when I don't add the "extras". It just makes me feel better.

tarotbear
11-05-2005, 16:19
I have a clear crystal point about 2 1/2 inches long with the bottom cut flat, so it can stand. I mostly keep it wrapped up in the silk (RED silk! LOL!) that I wrap my deck in. Sometimes I stand it up on the table while I am reading, sometimes not.

bladeraven
12-05-2005, 12:55
I've wanted to hang crystals in my new "tarot box" that I got for my babies but only prob is that I have a toddler and that would be a beacon for him to come to the box...however....in an alternate universe...I would have tiger eye, hematite and jade (I'm half vietnamese so gotta throw that one in).

Sillanza
13-05-2005, 05:24
I have a whole pile! If my cards have just been used, I will place clear quartz and either a smoky quartz, citrine or hematite on the deck itself. If it's about to be used, I usually place spectrolite, rose quartz, sodalite or carnelion on the deck. It sort of depends on the work the cards have either done or are about to do. Sometimes I will hold various combinations of these stones while I meditate or prepare to read the cards. There's always amythyst around, too.

LittleGoblin
19-05-2005, 14:13
I have a very rough amethyst crystal that I picked up in the bargan bin at a mineral show with my deck. I don't know if it means anything, but the crystal just seemed right when I saw it.

Chronata
21-05-2005, 13:43
When I read at events, or for clients, I often have many different decks on the table.
And I keep 4 wonderful quartz points on the various decks.

Each has a distinct and beautiful shape and personality...and they represent the four elements.

jayde
24-05-2005, 10:00
I keep a tumbled quartz crystal and a tumbled (yellow) calcite crystal (for amplifying energy) and a tumbled hematite stone (for grounding) in the tarot box that holds my main deck. :)

I also keep a tumbled tiger's eye stone, and I'd love to add a jade stone, too. These two stones are the ones that connect with me the most intimately, and I like to keep them with my decks. However, I haven't been able to find a good jade stone. :(