Which Archetype Deck?

dolphinprincess

Does anyone have both the Archetype Cards by Caroline Myss and the ARchetypes Storytelling Cards?

I am looking for a deck to use in creative writing and I'm not sure which I"d like better...

I used to have the Myss cards, but bought them for divination purposes and they didn't serve that need well, so I passed them along... However, for writing, they may work quite well...

I just can't figure out which I prefer?

Logiatrix

Hi, dolphinprincess!
I used to have them, each at a different time.
Personally, I'd go with the Archetypes Storytelling Cards.
I just recall the there is more activity and/or background in those, versus the Myss deck, which is just people, and not always action or a 'scene' to speak of.
The Myss deck, however, might be good for developing characters...
Eventually, you'll have to have both, hehe.
:laugh:

magpie9

I have both, and the Psy cards and feel that the storyteller cards are better for plot developement and character ideas. The Myss however, go a lot deeper into character developement. Both would be perfect. the psy cards have a bit of magic to them, somehow, atmosphere so they'd be ueseful, too !!

Oh dear, I've got you getting 3 decks now. :D

Fulgour

I've always tended to find it challenging to translate
traditional folk tales into short stories, and animals
sometimes make the most interesting people... but
here's a site that may be more related to the subject:

Archetypes Storytelling Cards
The Deck At A Glance

Lon Koenig Games
Michael Tshimperle, Creative Director
David Rust, Words and Research

magpie9

I had trouble getting my deck from them. Kagi, who does thier commerce stuff somehow lost track of my order,and were reallllly unhelpful. I finially tracked down the Koeneg Co, and they had managed to retreive my order at the same time. they sent me 2 decks, which is nice of them. I would deal with them again if I needed to, but not with Kagi. Once Kagi has your money, appartly you're on your own.
Start to finish, it took about 2 and a half months to get the decks.I've had it about a week, now. the deck is reall nice, but the cardstock is pretty thin for my taste. I like it a bit sturdier.
Really cool cards, thought. ;)