Green Agate?

Kyrielle

The picture is not close enough for me to try to elaborate on the "green agate" description. It looks kind of like orbicular (or ocean) jasper, which can be green.

There is tree agate, which in my experience tends to be white with pine-green mottling that kind of looks like leaf fronds. But this looks different.

Dendritic agate or moss agate is translucent. It doesn't seem to be that, either.

I have a couple of pieces of "green agate," which do not look like any of these. It looks kind of like the more common brown agate, only it is green. It is swirly grass green with white.

I would guess jasper, though. But the view is not good enough to be positive.

Kyrielle

TygrEyes

Thanks, Gang. I know it's not a very good pic. To me, the green looks like a yellow-green & it kind of looks like minced celery in an ice ball. LOL I think it looks mottled & the "white", to me, looks milky like in moss agate, but the green isn't the "right" color. The moss agate I've seen in pics on the internet is all dark green & I guess since it's mottled it isn't the right pattern. Do stones have a grain, like wood? I'll have to search green marble & green jasper as well.

Ruby7

It doesn't look like green agate to me, but as you've said the picture isn't great so it's hard to say.

Agate usually has layers of banding (not mottled like the pic) due to the way it is formed---it occurs filling cavities and the individual bands are concentric to the surface of the mass it is forming on. the layers can even show sharp angles sometimes.

Minced celery in an ice ball sounds like a good guess to me LOL :)

Ruby7

TygrEyes

I found this, but I can't find a photo.

kinradite:

Orbicular jasper containing spherical inclusions of colorless or nearly colorless quartz

Moonbow

Could it be Moss Agate?

I have some ear rings made of Moss Agate but they are definately green. I just googled Moss Agate and it seems to vary quite alot in colour.