moonstone & sunstone

Vilyariel

I was browsing through ebay, and came across these stones.

I wondered if they were somehow "related"?

can stones "magnify" the power of other stones in certain combinations?

Sorry, i'm a bit of a curious newb :)

Red Emma

Moonstones, sunstones

One of the best ways to learn is to ask questions. As the rest of us reply, and examine the idea, everyone learns and benefits.

Especially at ATF, never be hesitant to ask. Mostly we believe there are no stupid questions. Sometimes a stupid answer will appear, but hey, we're only nearly perfect.

Best bright wishes,

Red Emma

Ruby7

Hi Vilyariel,

It's funny but as a matter of fact moonstone and sunstone are both different varieties of the mineral called feldspar so in a way they are indeed related.

Hopefully someone else can answer your other question :)

Ruby7

Kyrielle

Yes, stones can be used in certain combinations to enhance their effects. The example that springs to my mind is rose quartz and amethyst -- these two stones complement and even intensify each other.

Stones can also be used in combination to tone down their effects. Obsidian, for instance, can be harsh or blunt as it helps the user process negativity. Many people balance that quality by using a stone with a lighter energy, like rose quartz or clear quartz, along with the obsidian.

I haven't personally worked with moonstone and sunstone as a pairing. The results could be interesting.

Kyrielle

amyel

Funny, I love both these stones, and have a lovely sunstone in my collection - and have to struggle to not buy alot of moonstone. Rainbow moonstone is my fav. Today, though, I could not resist: I saw a white stone that almost looked like salt. It turned out it was a moonstone which had not been polished but rough cut open. It looks like a clump of snowflakes, the way it sparkles.

I have seen alot of stones called sunstone, but aren't. Real sunstone is orange in color and does have some sparkle. There are stones called sunstones out there which are more like druzzy's - I don't know if druzzy's are natural or enhanced. These are usually dark, for some reason - not warm colored like the sun at all.

Vilyariel

I saw the moonstone, and i thought, 'GAH! I HAVE TO GET THAT!'
it was in a rough form, and it had tinges of purple, blue and green...so pretty!