On another note: I just bought the Cards of Alchemy!

blackroseivy

I am wondering, does anybody have these? What are your experiences? What is the "deal" (harhar!) with this deck? How do you use it? I am fascinated by alchemy (I am *still* awaiting the Alchemical Tarot in the mail, it won't be here 'til NOVEMBER!! - that's why I'm getting these); but my knowledge of it is sketchy. So how do they work, & is knowledge of alchemy required?

Just a'wonderin'! :)

zorya

i like the cards of alchemy very much!

just the most rudimentary knowledge of alchemy is needed and the book covers that quite well. in fact there are extra cards that review the major symbols on the cards, in a very simplified way.

also included are a couple of cards with a spread on each side. buckland's star is my favorite, and one i use every month or so.

the alchemy, the cards refer to, is a personal alchemy. this is my favorite deck to use when asking about personal transformation and growth. i've found it to be very accurate.

blackroseivy

Wow, that's great! I just had to re-order it at 3.50 more because it was Abebooks & it was unavailable from that seller (I *hate* that!!), so I defiinitely *did* order it; it's still substantial savings from any price I saw at Amazon! ;) I can hardly wait to get it - I put in an extra 2.00 so that I could have it within the week.