Is there a stone to help ease travel anxiety?

Bean Feasa

I get quite anxious when I travel - I think it's a little bit of an inheritance from my mother who is more or less agoraphobic. I've travelled quite a lot and I basically do enjoy it, but it's always undermined by this sense of fear and vulnerablility. I generally adopt a 'feel the fear and do it anyway' approach, just soldiering on, but I was wondering if any of you know of a stone that might give me a little comfort - as I have a big exotic trip coming up in a fortnight or so.

azuremariposa

there are quite a few stones for this, but from my experience the best two for calming (and protection) are:

aquamarine (especially if travelling by or over water)

and

amethyst

amethyst is one of those "multi-purpose" stones that help with many things, not only is it calming and helps balance the emotions, but for many yrs it was considered one of the best stones for protection of travellers...

those two are probably the easiest to get your hands on :) good luck and have a safe trip!!

many blessings...

~azure

lunakasha

I think I remember reading somewhere that garnet is a good stone for travel, and protection in general....of course I cannot remember where I read it but....something to consider maybe??? I would also agree that amethyst is a good, calming stone to carry.

:) Luna

Bluemanticore

Chalcedony might be a helpful stone. Not only is it protective while traveling, but it also banishes fear, hysteria, depression, mental illness, and sadness. It promotes calm and peaceful feelings when worn or held in the hand. Worn to bed or placed beneath the pillow, chalcedony drives away nightmares, night visions, and fear of the dark. Chalcedony might cover all your bases. :)

Another stone that may be helpful is Malachite since Malachite is said to be the traveler's guardian stone. And Moonstone is also said to be a traveler's protective charm, especially over or on the water.

Hope this helps.
BlueManticore

Bean Feasa

Thanks a million for the replies, azure, luna and Blue. Methinks I'll be off browsing at lunchtime :)

rabble

I've usually given people Jasper ('specially green jasper) if they were about to travel. I'm not sure about helping with nervousness, but it's good for protection whilst travelling.