PDA

View Full Version : Signatures - my imagination?

OakDragon
10-10-2004, 09:20
I just went through a period where I did not have a signature. I just made one and expected to see my old posts updated with the signature, but that did not happen. My new signature appeared in the next new reply that I made, though. Didn't it used to be the case that the system automatically updated old posts with the new signature or am I imagining things?

xviiirkna
10-10-2004, 14:15
Hi OakDragon,

I changed my signature a few days ago - but I didn't realize that doing so would also reflect upon the previous postings....so I looked back on a couple posts I made before hand and sure enough, the signature is the newer one.

Perhaps your new signature isn't showing on your earlier posts because there was no signature line to be updated?

Just speculating...

Blessings,
Sally Anne

OakDragon
10-10-2004, 21:32
Originally posted by xviiirkna
Hi OakDragon,

I changed my signature a few days ago - but I didn't realize that doing so would also reflect upon the previous postings....so I looked back on a couple posts I made before hand and sure enough, the signature is the newer one.

Perhaps your new signature isn't showing on your earlier posts because there was no signature line to be updated?

Just speculating...

Blessings,
Sally Anne

<smacks self in head>

Of course, you're right! How stupid of me not to notice that. I went back and checked old posts and those that had sigs did change.

<tiptoes off in embarrassment>

WolfyJames
12-10-2004, 02:48
When you reply to a post, you have a section Options where you can decide to leave a signature or not. When you have a signature, I think that Show signature is checked by default. But if you don't have a signature, this option is checked off by default. If you have made posts when you didn't have a signature and that now you do have a signature but doesn't show up in the old posts, I suggest you edit your posts without signature and check the option Show signature. It should work.