What decks were featured in Carnivale, the HBO series?

Kittaine

Aside from the Original Rider-Waite? Does that other deck look like the Tarot of Prague?

Edited: No, not the Tarot of Prague. I just checked the cards. What deck was used, then? It looked *heavenly*!

Edited again: Wait! I know! It's the Tarot of Paris, right? How large is that deck? Can somebody give the dimensions? Does it come with a companion book? THANKS! :D

Flavio

Hi Kittaine!

You mean the deck for the opening credits, right? it isn't a real deck, was just for designed for TV, hope you find useful this link to a carnivale deck review

Kittaine

Hi Flavio!

Thanks for the link!

Hm...I'm somehow convinced the deck I saw was the Tarot de Paris! The Judgment card depicts this heavenly scene with angels and clouds, if I remember it correctly...

Emily

The Devil was from one of the Soprafino decks - the Ancient Italian I think. But also if you look they have mixed the names up but I can't remember which ones. The artwork is very pretty though, its a shame its not a deck.

Mesara

I love the deck featured in Carnivale. It is what I have always envisioned as the perfect deck. It is so frustrating that we can't buy it!

Raien

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but my search for the carnivale deck is what brought me to these forums in the first place, lol. I too was looking for the one they use in the credits, and it's sad that they don't offer it...the 'official' Carnivale deck is pretty blah.

And I have to say I'm pretty ignorant here...is the Rider-Waite the one that Sophie actually uses? (my tarot knowledge is reeeeally limited as of now) Or used, I guess now...Oh man, I can't wait till Sunday to see the new episode.

roc

I also love the "deck" they used in the opening credits. So vivid!

Marua

try this...

I saw a deck once that reminded me of the Carnivale deck. It's called Tarot of Art, or something like it. Its only major arcana, though, but you might like it. Just Google it and eventualy it will show up. Thats how I discovered it.

Marua

Thanks, Annabelle...

Thats the one. Me and my crappy memory... :D