Singleton?? chart shape....job

silverting

hiz.... didnt post for a long time....
no.1 q.....lolxx...how important is a singleton planet in a chart?? what are their general effects??? and im wondering how far do that 1 planet have to be away from the others to qualify as a bucket chart, i think i have one but im not sure 100%.......

no.2 q.... what are the areas to look into(other than 10th house???) when i wanna know what job or course to take as i may be studying a specific course/subject next year and wanna know more......and what are some of the thigns to take note of when looking into these areas??? i was thinking of taking a business course...but theres no real interest........anyway..help..!.. thankz....

btw.... how true is it that when you do not have a particular element... its sorta a hidden "element name" grand trine???.....

if interested here's my chart: http://www.astro.com/cgi/chart.cgi?rs=3&btyp=w2gw&

isthmus nekoi

To answer your questions, silverting:

1) I'm afraid the importance of a singleton is relative. I wouldn't focus on this right away if I was just beginning chart interpretation. As for a bucket chart, it needs to make an opposition: 180 degrees.

2) Look to 2nd house for money, 6th for co-workers. And if there's no real interest in business, you don't need astrology to figure that business is not for you ;)

3) I have never heard of this hidden grand trine theory and from my experience, it sounds bogus to me.

Welcome back to astro, btw!

Minderwiz

I go along with Isthmus.

Singletons are best looked at if there seems to be a fair amount of evidence that the planet is important in a person's life. The argument is based on the idea that a singleton is unconnected to the rest of the chart and therefore difficult to integrate. However 'unconnected' is a rather vague term and what is unconnected to one Astrologer may have a connection to another.

Ideally for a bucket, all but one of the planets are in a 180 degree spread and the 'handle' planet opposes the centre of that spread. Some astrologers will insist that it is not nearer than square to one of the other planets, others will allow a sextile (which incidentally shows that the 'handle' need not be a singleton'.

For money and career it's best to start from the chart as a whole, and get a view of the person based on the key factors such as Sun, Moon, Ascendant, element balance, chart shape, etc. For more detail then follow up on the tenth, sixth (for co-workers and subordinates), second (your money), eleventh (your boss' money) and if you work for a corporate body the eighth (company's money). If you are ina partnership the seventh becomes important.

As you can see you could use nearly every house to try and tease out more information, assuming you have a key question in mind. If you are thinking of studying, also look at the ninth and the condition of it's ruler.

There are a number of ideas relating to 'missing' elements but a good basis is to assume that the positive character traits of this element will be difficult to express or require effort to express - which does not imply that they cannot be learned!! The person is also likely to be somewhat distrusting of their own abilities related to that element - e.g. someone who is lacking Air, may be somewhat distrustful of ideas and theories, preferring to base their action on some other foundation, such as practical abilities, if they hav a lot or Earth.

amigodofranco

(sorry about my English, it isn't my native language)

About singletons... I agree with the friend above... it may be important, but it isn't a good starting point to a general interpretation. it is said that the singleton must be at least 60 degrees apart from the nearest planet.

it is considered a "handle", and this planet may be the focus of your energies in many ways, because it is the only way you can express the energies of an entire hemisphere...

To look at work and money, a technique that may help (or confuse even more) you is to look at the places where the 2nd, 6th and 10th house rulers are placed and its aspects... you should have a clearer (or darker) idea about work, carrer and money...

About the hidden grand trine... never heard about it! sorry!!

I hope it was helpful! bye, friend!

Deszroo

Silverting....I just am just (re) reading "Planets In Work;A Complete Guide to Vocational Astrology" by Jamie Binder...and it addresses the questions you've asked in regards to Singletons and chart patterns. I used to have a book called "Vocational Guidance by Astrology" by Charles Luntz..its ok, an older book. Theres Noel Tyl's "Vocational Astrology"...lots more books but these are probably still available at book stores and ebay. There a few books listed at: http://www.astroamerica.com/work.html

In regards to your mention: "btw.... how true is it that when you do not have a particular element... its sorta a hidden "element name" grand trine???....."

http://www.astrologyclub.org/articles/inferior/inferior.htm

http://www.bobmarksastrologer.com/EmptyQuality12.2.htm

Desz