I should have bought the isis when I could!

fairyhedgehog

I've just come back from having fun in Croydon, which is a bit further than I usually go to shop. I found a wonderful shop with loads of tarot stuff - including an isis tarot deck of 36 cards. I didn't know what it looked like though - it wasn't in their stack of pictures and I couldn't remember ever seeing it. So I left it.

And now I've found it here and I really like it - and it's out of print! Oh woe is me! I so wish I'd bought it when I saw it!

Maybe I'll just have to go back and get it. I am kicking myself, though.

(edited to add: moderators, I put this in chat as it isn't a true tarot deck and we don't have a 'talking oracles' section. But if you need to move it, no problem!)

Osher

Oh, the old dilema of seeing something you want, deciding to purchase it elsewhere, and then finding it out of stock...!

Not just Tarot cards. Ah, if I only I listened to my intuition more often.

Hey, a good excuse to go to Croydon!

WolfSpirit

The cards were made by a Dutch artist, Erna Droesbeke. I think the deck is still available here, but then it is obviously with Dutch titles :) There is also a book in Dutch (don't know if this has been translated into English as well).
I don't have the deck, but apparently it is th major arcana + 14 "psyche cards".
Or maybe you could try phoning the shop if they would send you the deck. Maybe it has been there for a long time and they will be happy to sell it.

Edited to add:
think she is Belgian actually. Anyway there is a deck with titles in Dutch.

Diana

I am about 99.9% certain that I have that deck somewhere in one of my drawers. I may even have two copies of it. (I have holes in my head.)

If I do, you are welcome to have it as a gift from me. But I don't think it has English titles on it. Probably French titles.

Will get back to you tomorrow. (When I leave work I have to go to some silly fancy-schmancy business dinner and I even have to DRESS UP for it! Horrors of horrors of horrors! :laugh: )

fairyhedgehog

Thank you all of you!

I did think of phoning the shop - if I had the number. Or going back tomorrow. Or maybe I don't need these cards at all ...

But having said that - Diana - it is so kind of you to offer to look out for those cards for me! If you had a deck with French titles, it would be lovely. I still treasure the 'tarot du sentier ancestral' that I got in trade from you. If you have, then could you PM me and I can try to think of something to send you in return? (I would like to do that - I don't want to be only taking.)

I hope your dinner is better than you are expecting. I hate posh dos.

fairyhedgehog

I did it!

I went back and I got the cards! I couldn't wait and anyway it gave me an excuse to go shopping in Croydon and I also bought socks, a top, a fleecy, some trousers and some postcards. So ther you go.

I hope you don't mind, Diana ... it was a kind offer. :)

Diana

Oh! I was just coming to tell you that I have found the deck and it was indeed the one you were looking for.

I'm glad you found a solution. :)

fairyhedgehog

You really are kind! In a way, I'd have done better to have waited, because the cards would have been more special coming from you. But patience never was my strong suit.

Thanks, Diana :)

yve

let us know fairyhedgehog what you think of the deck...it seems to be an oracle deck, so how is it to read with?

fairyhedgehog

I'm not sure I'm going to use it for readings, yve, more for meditation and just general 'collecting' :)

It looks interesting at first glance, but I haven't really studied it yet.