PDA

View Full Version : Calendar and a few other things....

Moonbow
06-11-2004, 18:23
I am trying to enter an event in my Calendar but I get a box saying I do not have permission.

I also notice that most peoples sigs are not showing. It seems we have to go to our profile and 'save' it for it to show. Or at least that is what I did.

I know you say that the silver stars will appear over 24 hours, but I can only see then on the Moderators posts... I guess the rest will appear soon.

WolfyJames
06-11-2004, 21:02
The Calendar is not your calendar, it's the calendar of the board that shows events happening here, birthdays, stuff like that. Only Solandia can use it, and maybe others if she permits it, but I don't see why the others should have access to it. I have messageboards myself and the calendars the boards's.

Moonbow
06-11-2004, 21:05
Ah right.

I wondered what the Events Reminders in my User CP was. I guess this will come to light when Solandia puts an event in there.

Thanks

Sulis
06-11-2004, 21:09
Moonbow, to get your signature to show I think you have to tick the box at the bottom of every post.

I've got my signature turned on in my 'options' but it doesn't show unless I tick the box when I've finished posting - Solandia's going to be busy isn't she?

Love

Sulis xx

Solandia
06-11-2004, 21:26
Hi Moonbow,

The calendar is turned off for all members at the moment, so it's not possible to add new events. (There may be some stray links to the calendar remaining, which I'll remove.)

Yes, the rest of the silver stars will be appearing in the next 24 hours.

~ Solandia

Moonbow
06-11-2004, 21:31
Thank you Solandia and Sulis.

Sulis, I had to re 'save' my signature in User CP to get the sigs to appear, then I found that I still had to tick the option in a new post. We will get used to that I think

Astraea
07-11-2004, 01:00
I notice that ticking the "add signature" box at the bottom of each post-composition screen doesn't work consistently, even when the signature option has been selected in the user CP panel.

(Edited to add that often the signature appears in the post preview, but not in the submitted post.)

Ace
07-11-2004, 02:46
How come some have GOLD stars?

Sulis
07-11-2004, 05:27
Ace, the gold stars are a sign that someone is a subscriber - they only seem to be working for the moderators at the moment. Solandia has said she'll get everyone-elses gold star sorted in the next 24 hours.

Love

Sulis xx

Ace
07-11-2004, 10:25
Thanks Sulis, actually I was looking at that spot on the left below our posts that (Thanks to a tool tip) told me that meant you were on or off line.

Now explain: if I am NOT signed out, but not at the forum for the moment, am I "off-line"? or do I count as on line ALL the time, since I never bother to sign out?

Solandia
08-11-2004, 11:52
Ace: I believe if you don't log out of the forum when you leave the forum, you will appear to be online for the following hour only.

~ Solandia

Ace
09-11-2004, 16:32
That's good!

ferrous
11-11-2004, 09:17
Now explain: if I am NOT signed out, but not at the forum for the moment, am I "off-line"? or do I count as on line ALL the time, since I never bother to sign out?
I would suggest that if you're not actually on the forum, signed inor not, that you'll show as offline. If you leave the browser window open on your computer to the forum (when you're signed in) & you run away for ages, then you would still appear online. I don't think it has anything to do with activity.