PDA

View Full Version : The decks in our profiles

WolfyJames
06-11-2004, 21:38
I've noticed we can now put our collection of decks and our wishlist in our profile. I'm very happy with these new features. Now I hope the people here will put their collection and their wishlist there, including the ones who never wrote and put their collections or their wishlist in the Tarot Deck Forum in the appropriate threads. Now I wonder if we can use VBB codes in there, because each of my entry (in my posts in the appropriate threads) has a link with images, so that people can see how the decks look like, in case they don't know one of them. I also use a red * to show the decks I use the most, as well as bold [b]. So if the VBB codes aren't on, I suggest them to be on on these two areas in our profiles.

WolfyJames
06-11-2004, 21:57
I just tested it and I couldn't use bold, so I guess I can't use the rest as well. It would be very nice to be able to do so, to use VBB codes. jmd, per exemple, has put his tarot collection with different colors and * in order to help newbies in Tarot de Marseille into picking the right Tarot de Marseille for study.

rabble
07-11-2004, 07:53
My list in the wishlist thread also has links to the decks and image - but I didn't even try that in my CP list. Did you try it at all, WJ?

rabble
07-11-2004, 07:59
I just tried to include VB code, and it doesn't work. I wonder if that's something Solandia can tweak?

Gerbear
07-11-2004, 08:26
I found the place where you can list your decks in your profile. As I entered one of the longer titles, the text wrapped down to the next line, although there seems to be plenty of space to the right. In a long list, such as mine, this can be confusing to someone interested in my list. Also, instead of seeing approximately 30-40 decks at a time, now only about five decks can be seen at a time. With my collection of over 500 decks, that's a hundred 'page downs' to see the entire collection. Am I doing something wrong? Can the text field be extended to the right?

WolfyJames
07-11-2004, 13:23
I added links to images of my decks because I like that looking at people's list, and I have often wondered how certains decks look like, so I decided to satisfy the others's curiosity.

rabble
08-11-2004, 06:11
I found the place where you can list your decks in your profile. As I entered one of the longer titles, the text wrapped down to the next line, although there seems to be plenty of space to the right. In a long list, such as mine, this can be confusing to someone interested in my list. Also, instead of seeing approximately 30-40 decks at a time, now only about five decks can be seen at a time. With my collection of over 500 decks, that's a hundred 'page downs' to see the entire collection. Am I doing something wrong? Can the text field be extended to the right?

If you keep typing in the text box as you add your list, and it looks odd, it's not necessarily going to look like that on the page. Once you save it and view the page, you'll get "normal" lines.

- Is that what you mean?

Gerbear
08-11-2004, 06:18
Yes, that's what I meant. I did discover that when the profile was viewed, the decks appeared in normal fashion, however I decided against listing again and erased what I had entered. There didn't seem to be that much interest in the lists anyway.

darwinia
08-11-2004, 10:15
There didn't seem to be that much interest in the lists anyway.

Hey, I bought the Luigi Scapini Shakespearean deck after seeing it on your list. I don't find too many European decks appealing, but you have several unusual things on your list that I enjoyed browsing just because they were different.

I don't suppose I could interest you in the Lewis and Clark Exploration deck from US Games? Nah, didn't think so.

Solandia
08-11-2004, 12:54
The Tarot Wishlist, Tarot Collection and Favourite Decks fields will only accept plain text input at this stage, so no links or vBcode. I have plans to add more functionality eventually.

~ Solandia