PDA

View Full Version : Last Post

Little Baron
07-11-2004, 00:41
Just one thing; not sure if it is meant to be like this or if it is something you may want to know about to work on.

My usual way (or way I worked on the old board) of looking at the threads is to bring up all of the new threads. I refresh the page every so often and any new threads that have been posted or replied to, find themselves at the top of the list. Therefore, it is easy for me to know whether someone has replied to a post or thread I have been part of.

I have just noticed that that doesn't happen on the new board. There are threads at the top of the list that were responded to about five minutes ago and threads below that and not above it, that were responded to about a minute ago - making it difficult to see whether someone has just responded to something.

Is this something that I need to adjust in my settings or is it something that will continue to happen as part of the new site?

Best wishes. Aside from this little problem, the new board looks great. Congratulations and thanks.

Yabs

OakDragon
07-11-2004, 00:45
I think that is because the ones on top are "sticky" (they say "Note:"). Though I do agree that they're not as differentiated from regular posts as they used to be.

Edited to add: Also, the new post icon goes away after you've read a thread, which can leave a "hole" in the column of new post icons.

lark
07-11-2004, 02:37
Hi guys!
My first post on the new forum.
This bothered me to so this is how I fixed it.
Go to your control panel and punch Edit Options.
Then go to Thread Display Options.
Go down two to Thread Display Move.
You have two choices Oldest First or Newest First.
Yours must be set on Oldest First like mine was.
I changed it to Newest First and now the newest posts are showing up first in the New Post area.
BUT!!!! if you chose this option the newest post also appears in the thread.
So for Example when I look at you thread Yaboot, my post will be first Oakdragons next and yours last.
Instead of your post being on the top.
I kind of like it, it saves alot of scrolling. :)
Hope this helps.

lark
07-11-2004, 02:51
Well it works up to a point
This post was displayed on the second page in between two posts that happened two hours ago...so I guess that's not the answer.
Sorry. :(
I'll keep experimenting.

lark
07-11-2004, 03:35
Now I'm where I should be in New Posts.
hummm strange.
Guess it just takes a few minutes.
We'll see where this post goes.

OakDragon
07-11-2004, 03:46
I think that is because the ones on top are "sticky" (they say "Note:"). Though I do agree that they're not as differentiated from regular posts as they used to be.

Edited to add: Also, the new post icon goes away after you've read a thread, which can leave a "hole" in the column of new post icons.

I've noticed the icon in front of the forum doesn't change though, like it used to. When you go back to the index, it looks like there are still unread posts unless you specifically mark the forum read.

zorya
07-11-2004, 04:00
try going to 'quick links' (located on the top bar), then new posts. that should give you the threads with the most recent posts on top.

lark
07-11-2004, 04:07
The post I just made when right to the top of the forum just like it used to do!
Yaaaa.
I guess changing it to "Newest First" fixed it.

Thanks zorya, I'll try Quick link now and see what happens.