PDA

View Full Version : Show Printable Version

tmgrl2
07-11-2004, 01:06
First of all...a great big thank you, Solandia!

I love the large readable font in the typing boxes...

Still checking out features.

Can we still get a "printable version?"

That used to be an option at the end of a page....

It may be here but I can't find it.
I tried "Text Only" but it took me back to Talk Home Page.

Thanks,

terri

tmgrl2
07-11-2004, 06:21
Bumping this thread....Does anyone else notice we cannot pull up a "printable version" of a thread??

I really hate using up blue ink...

Am I missing it and it is still there?

Help!

terri

Moonbow
07-11-2004, 06:46
I don't see it either terri, and I did a search in FAQ too...

anyone else come accross this yet?

tmgrl2
07-11-2004, 07:06
I, too, searched through all the FAQ's...no luck...
This feature is a huge benefit...hope it can be added back without too much trouble.

terri

purple_scorp
07-11-2004, 11:47
I went to use it last night and I couldn't find it either.

purple_scorp

OakDragon
07-11-2004, 11:50
I can see it, but only when I reply to a thread. It's on the right side of the screen, across from "Reply to Thread", just below the new buttons.

purple_scorp
07-11-2004, 11:58
Hi Oakie,

ah, I see it now.

It's different. It looks as though it no longer gives us the flat file format.

What a pity, I used to use this feature a lot with the Spread threads and them cut/copy and past them and save them as Word documents.

It looks as though you can still cut/copy from the Show Printable Version link, only, you get the table formatting too.

I wonder if this is working as designed (wad)?

purple_scorp

Solandia
07-11-2004, 12:03
The Printable Version doesn't seem to be functioning properly. I'm working on fixing the bug.

~ Solandia

purple_scorp
07-11-2004, 12:17
Hi Solandia,

Firstly, thanks for the upgrade and for the heads up on the bug. I don't envy your job at the moment - upgrades are sometimes a suck it and see experience and bugs often are found over a period of days, as the users get back on and try to continue using the software in the manner in which they are accustomed.

Do you have a list of the bugs/issues you are working on? I was just thinking it might be an idea to post them because it might avoid a flood of posts about issues that you are already aware of.

Keep up the excellent work,

purple_scorp

tmgrl2
08-11-2004, 04:31
Thanks, Solandia...I had a feeling this was just a glitch...I did see it when I had the reply to thread box up, but it still brought up the colored version...again, Thank you!

terri

Osher
08-11-2004, 06:10
You could viewing in 'plain' format, rather than default. That should be better for a printer. Also, in 'Page Setup' on your browser, try using a B&W option (or Greyscale option), this will obviate use of colour ink.

tmgrl2
08-11-2004, 07:26
Thanks, Osher...tried grayscale already, but it then prints all the blue in gray and uses ink.

I think we will get back the printable version without having to go resetting our viewing options.

I'll just be patient.

terri

Solandia
08-11-2004, 13:44
The Printable Version is now accessible through the Thread Tools menu, and I've cleaned up the output a little.

~ Solandia

Shalott
08-11-2004, 14:29
Cool thanks! My growing spread journal, well, the pile that will one day be a spread journal, thanks you too...:D

tmgrl2
09-11-2004, 07:55
Whoopeee!
Thanks, Solandia... This was the feature I missed the most second to the editing change.

terri

prk001
16-11-2004, 02:29
Under the Thread Tools menu, when I click on "Show Printable Version", it gives the first page in printable format. If I want to see all the posts in one page, then I have to click the "Show --- posts from this thread on one page". Previously this used to show the exact number of posts in that thread but now it always shows 1000 instead of the number of posts.
Its not a big bug or anything just a minor glitch.

Solandia
17-11-2004, 14:07
Hi prk001,

That's right, it is a minor glitch. There was a change in the way the Show Printable Version feature works in the version of the forum software, and viewing all posts on one page was no longer technically possible. I've tweaked it so that it will show a maximum of 1000 posts on one page, which gives essentially the same functionality but unfortunately doesn't show the exact number of posts.

~ Solandia