PDA

View Full Version : Text Size

darwinia
07-11-2004, 03:50
I can't see, I don't know what else to say. I noticed a couple of people mentioning the really small text size in Talking Tarot and I am so sorry to complain about something since this upgrade obviously required a huge amount of effort, but I can't read the posts.

Bumping the setting up to Largest text on Windows has no effect anymore. It did two days ago, but no more.

If you have bad eyesight as I have, this is problematic unfortunately.

darwinia
07-11-2004, 03:55
It's funny, I just noticed that the signatures lines are large but the body of the post stays in the tiny text.

OakDragon
07-11-2004, 04:00
That's interesting. In my case, the body text is large and the sig text is tiny.

Astraea
07-11-2004, 05:59
What I notice is that most text (posts and forum indexes) is in a larger font than before. The differences in how we are seeing the text must have something to do with our individual browser settings.

tmgrl2
07-11-2004, 06:32
I think it has to do with browser settings, too.

Signatures on my posts are now very tiny, text is same, but dialogue box I use for writing posts and PMs has huge bold fonts.

terri

tmgrl2
07-11-2004, 06:36
Now I can't get my signature back ....I check it, save it and poof, it's gone.

terri

A bit of time to work out the kinks...if we all play around with the new format, we will find most of what we had...sadly though, some things are gone...editing.

Going to see if I can get signature back.

tmgrl2
07-11-2004, 06:37
Just realized the "signature box" at bottom of text box for new post was unchecked!

terri

Imagemaker
07-11-2004, 08:21
The tiny size of the sig is a negative for me. I love reading them, and these are almost painfully small (and I have no vision problems, I thought!).

Boy, just a few changes and crankiness rises . . .

tmgrl2
07-11-2004, 10:01
LOL, Imagemaker...

I actually like the size of the font of the signature...I think it makes it separate from the post.

I'm sure the glitch will get fixed, too.

terri

darwinia
07-11-2004, 11:09
The differences in how we are seeing the text must have something to do with our individual browser settings.

Could be, although my browser settings haven't changed from two days ago.

I'm wondering if it has something to do with screen resolution. I'm running an LCD monitor at a very high 1280 x 1024 resolution. It never made a difference before, but perhaps it does with the new code on the board?

jlbvt
07-11-2004, 11:28
I was wondering about this too- the text in the titles and posts is so small, it's giving me a headache to read it. the signatures I've seen are normal (readable) size. My browser text size is set to largest available. It's really hard for me to read. HELP!

Joan

OakDragon
07-11-2004, 11:34
I was wondering about this too- the text in the titles and posts is so small, it's giving me a headache to read it. the signatures I've seen are normal (readable) size. My browser text size is set to largest available. It's really hard for me to read. HELP!

Joan

I'm having the reverse problem. (Forum and thread titles and message text are bigger than they used to be and sigs are smaller. All other text is the same.) And it seems to be different in different browsers. I have this problem in Safari (which I usually use) and Internet Explorer. In Netscape, however, it looks like it always used to. Changing the default text sizes in my Safari prefs strangely had no effect on the text sizes on ATF, though it affected other sites.

Solandia
07-11-2004, 11:35
Those who are seeing the tiny text and other font oddities - what browser and operating system are you using to access the Internet?

~ Solandia

OakDragon
07-11-2004, 11:37
I'm using Safari 1.2.4 in Mac OS X 10.3.6.

jlbvt
07-11-2004, 11:40
Those who are seeing the tiny text and other font oddities - what browser and operating system are you using to access the Internet?

~ Solandia
Explorer, not sure which version...?
Running on Windows XP.

I have Tiny text except for the normal size signatures.

purple_scorp
07-11-2004, 12:04
Now I can't get my signature back ....I check it, save it and poof, it's gone.

terri

A bit of time to work out the kinks...if we all play around with the new format, we will find most of what we had...sadly though, some things are gone...editing.

Going to see if I can get signature back.

terri,

edit is still there but it only displays on your posts, not on every post (as it used to). Which makes sense, seeing they are the only posts you can edit anyhow.

I can understand, from a network-space viewpoint, why there is a signature checkbox too. Every additional character in your post takes up valuable server space. So this way, we are conscious of that fact and will perhaps selectively choose when to use them.

purple_scorp

OakDragon
07-11-2004, 12:08
terri,

edit is still there but it only displays on your posts, not on every post (as it used to). Which makes sense, seeing they are the only posts you can edit anyhow.

I can understand, from a network-space viewpoint, why there is a signature checkbox too. Every additional character in your post takes up valuable server space. So this way, we are conscious of that fact and will perhaps selectively choose when to use them.

purple_scorp

Hmm. I was under the impression they were not stored in each post, but stored once somewhere separately and then only displayed on the fly depending on whether or not you have viewing signatures turned on.

purple_scorp
07-11-2004, 12:10
Ah Oakie,

that might be true, I hadn't thought of that!

purple_scorp

darwinia
07-11-2004, 12:16

~ Solandia

Win XP
Internet Explorer 6.0.2

purple_scorp
07-11-2004, 12:19
Solandia,

just to let you know that I'm using IE 6.0.2800.1106 on a Windows 2000 computer and text displays perfectly.

purple_scorp

Imagemaker
07-11-2004, 12:45
I'm using Mozilla Firefox 0.9 on Windows XP. The sigs are teeny, the post text is ok.

lionette
07-11-2004, 14:52
For me (Mac OS X Panther 10.3.5 with Safari) the text size is great everywhere but the unread thread titles, which huge in comparison to read titles.

The new forum software is great, Solandia. Thanks for everything
:)

tmgrl2
08-11-2004, 04:34
I have Windows XP with IE 6.0.290

Signatures come out in tinier font than the post font. I like it that way.

I love the fact that my "typing" font for posts and PMs is so large and readable.

I'm not sure Solandia intended for the signature to be checked each time we post, since in User Options it intends for it to be saved and posted automatically.

She may be working on that.

Thanks, again.

terri

Solandia
08-11-2004, 17:52
Apparently, there's a bug in vBulletin 3 that affects the display of text size in IE only. There is a fix, but it's not simple so it may take me a few days.

In the meantime, it should be possible to work around the bug by changing the Accessibility options in Internet Explorer.

1) From the Internet Explorer menu, go to Tools, then Internet Options.
2) Click the Accessibility button in the bottom right of the dialogue box.
3) Tick the 'Ignore font sizes specified on Web pages' box and click OK.

~ Solandia

darwinia
08-11-2004, 19:10
Apparently, there's a bug in vBulletin 3 that affects the display of text size in IE only. There is a fix, but it's not simple so it may take me a few days.

In the meantime, it should be possible to work around the bug by changing the Accessibility options in Internet Explorer.

Yes that does work. Thanks so much, my eyes thank you. And thanks also for your continuing work.

Ace
20-07-2005, 09:26
I am reviving this thread because all of a sudden the signature lines are bigger than the posts size. I like the signature lines small, and now they are big. Is something going on? or did my cat walk on something and cause a change?
Ace

Ace
20-07-2005, 09:40
I figured it out: it WAS my cat! I had the text size for IE 6 set at Largest (my cat did it! not me!!!) and I moved it back to Medium and all is well. Sorry!
Ace

Rabbit
03-07-2006, 01:48
I did a search for this problem, because either my eyesight is getting worse...(which I think happens after 40...) OR the font was shrinking.
Well I followed Solandia's instructions and now I have really BIG font. I can see again!