PDA

View Full Version : Add Some Period of Poll Editing Ability for Poll-Starters?

Rusty Neon
09-11-2004, 17:46
I try to be careful before posting a poll, but it's easy to slip up (e.g., missing one or more important voting choices, having silly typos or ambiguities in the poll questions, forgetting to check off the multiple-vote feature, etc.).

It would be great if there could be at least some period, e.g., 5 to 10 minutes, for a poll-starter to be able to edit the poll after the time when the poll has been entered.

As there is often 10 minutes involved in writing a poll after the thread has been entered, I would suggest that the 5 to 10 minutes start from when the poll is entered rather than from when the thread is entered. This poll editing period would be very helpful for getting more accurate and meaningful poll results. It's often difficult to reach a moderator in the short time frames necessary to edit a poll before too many people have replied to the poll.

Thanks!

Solandia
11-11-2004, 22:01
Hi Rusty Neon,

There should be an 'Edit Poll' link on the top right when you view the thread with your poll. Is the link visible to you?

~ Solandia

Rusty Neon
11-11-2004, 22:09
Hi Rusty Neon,

There should be an 'Edit Poll' link on the top right when you view the thread with your poll. Is the link visible to you?

~ Solandia

Hi Solandia

I'm looking right now at a poll thread that I started two days ago and no such edit link is visible to me at the top right. Either there is a time limit to edit the poll or the 'edit poll' link was never there when I had wanted to edit two days ago.

There is an edit link underneath my initiating post but that's a link to edit the post not the poll. "Edit", "Quote", "#1"

Solandia
11-11-2004, 22:13
Okay, thanks. That might be a glitch... I'll look into it further.

~ Solandia