Crystal Power

DollieAnna

Do crystals ever grow old or get tired or lose their power?

tarotlova

Yes, you have to re-charge them so to speak, soak them in mineral/rain/salt water overnight in the moonlight or for a day in the sun, then if you have one put them on your altar. Some people even bury them. Blessings

LadyofDreams

if I have time, I visualise an orb of white light which burns away the impurities and unwanted energies in the crystals one by one. Then I leave them in the full moon for a night.

If I dont have much time, or I am doing them all together, I run them under cool water and picture the impurities being washed away.

~lady~

Tarotphelia

Some people do say that stones just get worn out and lose all their power, and they can't be recharged with the normal methods of sun, moon, water, and sound , etc. Then we are supposed to return them to the earth and bury them with a marker so we can find them again after a while. However, some are supposed to be so tired and un-rechargeable that we just have to give them up and return them to the earth permanently for someone in the distant future to find and use. But that is not going to happen here, as they will have to pry them out of my cold dead hands first.

northface

Im waiting for the spring to come so i can bury my stones to the earth for coupple of days, maybe even longer. Some people bury their stones for months and even a year. Good occasional cleaning with the other elements (water, fire, wind) will keep your stones energy in shape.

I havent done moon-charging yet but might try it.

hilary

shaped or natural??

along this line...which is stronger?? a natural uncut crystal, or one that has been shaped?

northface

hilary said:
along this line...which is stronger?? a natural uncut crystal, or one that has been shaped?

I think that most people say that it doesn´t matter and im sure thats how it is. I myself prefer natural crystals but i also have lots of shaped ones. All of them work (has energy).

The Doc

recharging

most of what could be said is said, but stones also recharge on there own if let to do so.

The Doc.

Cagedflame

I've had stones gradually empty of the energy I put in them, or need a cleansing before I could really use them again (I guess there IS a limit to how much energy one stone can hold, just like you can only put so much water in a glass), but I've never had a stone completely lose it's ability to store/channel/magnify energy.