PDA

View Full Version : Runtime error, do you want to debug?

Satori
10-11-2004, 13:27
What the blazes does that mean?

Ever since the forum update I get this pop-up dialog box, runtime error do you want to debug and something about null...

What is it???

WolfyJames
10-11-2004, 14:39
What browser do you use? If it's Internet Explorer, you have to look in the options (Advanced) and ensure that the Desactivate the script debugger option is checked. The debugger is totally useless and causes more problems than something else, I don't remember if it's checked by default or not, but get rid of it.

Satori
10-11-2004, 21:01
Thanks Wolfy.
Now work with me here for a minute...
I use AOL.

So, how do I find this area, where I can deactivate the bugger?

WolfyJames
11-11-2004, 01:07
Internet Explorer, if it's installed in your computer, leaves a shortcut on the desktop. Right click on its icon on the desktop and click Property. You're in Internet Explorer's options. Go to the Advanced tab, it's there somewhere. If you deleted the icon, you will have to open IE and go in the options. As for AOL, I don't know that browser, but I know that some browsers use IE as basic browser and add stuff that IE doesn't have. Maybe AOL is like that, I don't know, but if it's the case, you still have to tweak with IE's options. Actually, even if it's not the case, I suggest you to do so because maybe IE's debugger messes up with AOL so it's better to desactivate it.