PDA

View Full Version : How to make pictures smaller?

Shalott
12-11-2004, 13:09
FTLOG!!!! I can't figure out how to make a picture smaller without cropping it. All I have is "Paint," and I don't mean PaintShopPro, just plain ol Paint. If it's not possible with Paint(which I don't understand, that should be like a very common, basic thing) is there a freeware thing that actually works? I tried on once but it didn't work at all. I'm trying to put a pic up in the Profile picture but all of my pictures are WAY to big. I don't have or use a digital camera, this is one thing my dad's got me beat on, but everything he sends me is HUGE!!! I doubt he knows how to send smaller files either. Frustrating as heck I can't post pics anywhere ever because of this ARGHHH!

Thanks in advance...

lunalafey
12-11-2004, 13:23
do you have microsoft office?
Picture manager is easy-
but with JUST Paint; Here's what you do...
have your picture open- go to the toolbar on top choose the 'images' button-
choose stretch and skew.
In that window- the top part is the stretch; the numbers will be in percentages. If you want it only a little bit smaller, change
the "100" in both fields to what ever % you want to reduce...play with it and you'll get an idea of ratio.
You want to be sure to enter the SAME number in both fields.

Now, could you tell me what FTLOG means?

Shalott
12-11-2004, 14:03
OOOOOOOOOOOOOO stretch and skew! (clouds dissipate...)

FTLOG = For The Love Of God. It was actually something a friend of mine invented. :D

Thanks!

Shalott
12-11-2004, 14:11
Here's how big that pic was - I shrunk it to 15% of its original size...this should fit YAY!!!
Thanks heaps!