broken crystal

loveinspirit

i brought a quartz crystal, tht had a nice point shape to it. but i dropped it and it broke in half, does that really matter to how the crystal works?

FantasyWorld

loveinspirit said:
i brought a quartz crystal, tht had a nice point shape to it. but i dropped it and it broke in half, does that really matter to how the crystal works?

Ohhh, I feel for you.

I had a huge flourite obelisk fall and break in 2:(
I would hold the pieces and how the "feel" and go from there.
If you don't like how they feel you could always give the 2 pieces back to earth:)

Peace and Love
Alanna

DollieAnna

My guess is that it shouldn't matter, because aren't all crystals "broken" when they are mined? If you were using the terminated point as a wand, I still don't think that should matter.
(but I'm not an expert)

WizardOfNines

How does it feel?

If you had the crystal for a long time and it had worked for you there may be a big difference. The broken pieces will no longer be 'tuned' to you. But, if the crystal was new to you and was freshly 'cleansed' then whatever you can do with the shards will be just fine.
If It was an old friend I grieve with you. I have never lost one like that but I wince when I think of it.
I advise you to cleanse both pieces and keep them near to each other until they are attuned to you.

Aura Wolf

You know, I bought a piece of Moonstone from a crystal shop and it broke in half because I dropped it. I went back to buy a new one, but the lady who worked there told me that a broken crystal is a sign of good luck. This isn't the first time I've heard this...can anyone clarify?

loveinspirit

wow i hope its a sign of good luck , i could do with some.. i had only just brought the crystal, i took it out to show my children when i dropped it.. i am kind of dissapointed as i wanted to keep it in my bag with my tarot cards. i just hope it doesnt affect the cards by being broken.

Utuku

Being "broken" really shouldn't affect anything; as adam_atom said, the crystals are broken when they're mined. Rather than thinking of it as a broken crystal, think of it as two separate crystals! Because in truth, that's what they are now. They're two parts of one old crystal, but at the same time two new crystals.