where can i find professional corner cutters?

tinkerbell

i have recently trimmed a tarot deck and although the finish on the corners is not too bad, i'd still like to aquire some type of professional cutting edger to finish them off properly- can anybody advise me about where i may find such a gadget?!! (preferably a place in the u.k please!!)
love tink xx

Fulgour

hello tinkerbell

Here is a link showing a pair of 4" Catch-Cut (serrated blade)
scissors. Although this site shows a very expensive Solingen
brand, I think it helps to give an idea of the right type of tool.

WellShaven Catch Cut Scissors by Dovo

Cutting sturdy card stock, especially finished with a laminate,
can be difficult: it tends to push away from the scissors blades.

Perhaps you can find an economical pair with a similar feature.
The "serration" is really quite minimal, and simply holds the hair.

Warm regards,
Fulgour

Imagemaker

My corner cutter punches down on the card after you fit the corner into a guiding V, never slips or misses.

In this thread on trimming borders there's discussion of finding corner cutters by people in the UK, and Jema said she easily found a Fiskars cutter in Sweden. A craft or scrapbooking place seems to be the best place to look.

dadsnook2000

Another suggestion

I've found that scissors and large office-type paper cutters (board with a long curved blade on one side that can be lowered to slice paper) tend to cut with a curve and do not produce a straight cut. On the other hand, there are tools used to prepare pictures for framing -- these are used to cut and bevel the boarder around the picture and within the actual frame.

These are expensive. But, there can be found in what we call department stores and office supply stores a lower cost item called a personal trimmer. This has a gridded plastic plate with a cutting scribe that is pulled along a metal rod or bar. It will slice photos and card stock and accomodates letter sized paper. In the US I have seen these range in price from $9 to $17. The rounded corners, if you need them, would have to be done with scissors or a corner punch as noted in prior posts. Dave.

Zephyros

Well, you woudn't want to cut corners on cutting corners, now would you? (I just had to, excuse the pun)

Majecot

I think I paid $10.00 for mine and I got them in the craft department of Walmart...don't suppose you have one of those in the UK.

I haven't been brave enough yet to actually putting them to use on a deck, but they are great for photographs.

Mesara

Any scrapbooking or craftstore will have them.

Kissa

ok, i live in fiskars homeland: finland (check up your maps,g uys, fiskars is the name of a finnish city where fiskars started to produce their blades, just as nokia is a finnish city that manufactured cartyres before cellphones, but eh... we're off topic).

i have been hunting a corner/edge cutter without success. the only thing i got is a puncher that makes round corners, yes, but punches thru paper as well to create nice and cute forms but, halas! completely irrelevant to any tarot deck... (imho) i don't feel the urgent need of having a damn cute little star on every edge of my haindl cards. am i too weird???

i don't want scissors, i think they would slide and cut unproperly thick laminated cardboard so the question is: is there in this world an online catalog where i could buy a corner/edge PUNCHER not scissors ???
thanks very very much for any info!

kissa

tinkerbell

fruitless search continued.........

ditto kissa!!!
oh the frustration! all i need is something that would do the hard work for me! i must admit, i followed sulis' lead and used my kids' nailclippers. they were punchy, and the end result is fine, but i'm after a gizzmo that can guarantee perfection!
i want them now!
love tink xx