Sage as a tea?

Flavio

I've read that burning sage is good for space purification so I was wondering if there is such a thing like body purification using sage tea? is it possible or am I totally lost in herbs use? Thank you.

Added: I don't mean physical purification.

WhiteRaven

Flavio said:
I've read that burning sage is good for space purification so I was wondering if there is such a thing like body purification using sage tea? is it possible or am I totally lost in herbs use? Thank you.

Yes...sage is great for purification and the white sage smells heavenly...sigh! I have some all the time. As for tea though...hmm..I can't imagine having that taste in my mouth. There are teas on the market designed for detoxification of the body. Health food stores would be able to help you. I don't know if you have any in your area though.

Maybe others in the forum have tried Sage for tea. Hold the line for a tad and you might get some more replies...

Have you tried burning "white" sage Flavio?

WhiteRaven

Flavio said:

I just saw this...what do you mean by "physical purification"?
are you looking for something like Mugwort to help intuition and journeying?

Now I'm confused... :(

lunalafey

Wide leaf silver sage (sometimes called white) can be used as a tea.
It's not the best tasting thing in the world, but it won't kill you. In fact it's a good "nip it in the bud" cold remedy.
I use 2 or 3 leaves to a cup of water -honey to kill the flavor a bit.
But that is for physical purification- sorta. As mentioned above there are other herbs and such for detox.
In ways of spiritual purification, as far a digesting something, I would think that not digesting something and fasting is the way of spiritual purifing.

Gyda

The on ly time I've used sage as a tea, and it can be even if the taste isn;t the greatest, is to bring back appeitie(sp), it's stimulates the stomoch lining. It's a wonderful 'cure-all' in general. Here is a link from A Modren Herbal for sage http://www.botanical.com/botanical/mgmh/s/sages-05.html

Gyda

Flavio

Thank you all for your answers, I admit to have sub-beginner knowledge on herbs, just try to put together different ideas.

1. As for purification, sage is used for space purification, since the body is considered the temple of the body I considered to use sage for purification, it is a metaphorical purification, not an actual desintoxication, by the way can some one recommend herbs for desintoxication?

2. Gyda, thank you so much for the link, it was very informative and useful.

daneo52

re

I have never drank sage tea, but it makes an excellent mouth rinse-keeps gums healthy, and I also dunk my stones and anything else that needs cleansing in it for a quick soak and rinse.