PDA

View Full Version : Out of curiosity...

Shalott
25-11-2004, 03:56
I've noticed in our profiles, there is a "Referral" thing. I've always wondered what this meant, how does one "refer" someone, and why?
:confused:

Osher
26-11-2004, 00:27
If when you refer someone to Aeclectic, and you use your referal link, they sign up, you're credited with a referal. Of course, if you just refer someone, they might sign up, but you will be credited.

jmd
26-11-2004, 10:46
I have never used my 'referal link', and do not even know where this is, but have eight next to my name?!?

I presumed it was when someone you mentioned Aeclectic to registered used your username (exactly and correctly typed) in the space provided.

Is that what you referred to, or is there another manner I am not aware of?

Osher
26-11-2004, 10:54
OK, this might be convoluted, but it works!

Click on FAQ, then click on 'User Maintainance', then click on 'What are Referrals'. The anchor will take you to section on referrals, and there, in the middle of the paragraph is something like (from mine):

You gain referrals by promoting Aeclectic Tarot Forum using your unique referral link. The link you should use as your referral link is this:

http://www.tarotforum.net/index.php?referrerid=585

The link is unique to me, and if the person I sent it to uses it, it automatically gives me a referral. OK, I've used it once! However, it worked.

jmd
26-11-2004, 11:07
Just goes to show how often I get into through the details of some parts of provided information!

Thanks Osher...

:)

Shalott
28-11-2004, 11:22
AHHHH Thanks for the clarification, guys!

Ace
29-11-2004, 10:41
I signed up based on someone else telling me about the forum. I didn't tell her I was signing up, but where it said referred by, I put in her REAL name (I wasn't absolutely sure of her screen name). She got the credit. Ditto, a friend signed up and mentioned me. I got credit, but I didn't know it was her until I asked her about it after I saw her New Member post.