Coral question

Red Emma

Along with three other women, I was "croned" last weekend in a ceremony of my women's group.

Among the croning gifts other members presented us was a piece of crystal the presenter called fossilized coral. I can't find it in any of my reference books. Does anyone have any info about it?

LadyofDreams

Coral is the anniversary gemstone for the 35th year of marriage.

Helps with anemia, creativity, infertility, said to protect chidren and is used for building and strengthening emotional stability.

This is all about coral in general, not specifically fossilized coral, or any particular colour.

Hope it helps though :)

~lady~

amyel

From my book "Healing Crystals & Gemstones" (authors Peschek-Bohmer & Schriber) this is what it says about Coral.

"Healing Properties: Protects against negative energy while preventing loss of energy. This is why coral jewelry is recommended for menopausal women. It can prevent osteoporosis and promotes healthy bone fomation in children. Growth & formation of new tissue ...are also promoted. Psychologically, it strengthens love and the need for partnership and makes the wearer immune to envy & resentment.

Magical Properties: Symbolizes joy & happiness. Enales wearer to enjoy life. According to legend, it consists of divine blood."

A side note says coral is not a mineral but the skeleton of sea creatures, thus it is organic in origin. This is probably why you don't really see much about "fossilised" coral, because eseentially, it all is.

To cleanse it, leave overnight in salt water once/month or place dry in sea salt.

If it is coral and not a crystal, it sounds like a lovely and very appropriate gift!

Hope that helps.

Red Emma

Fossilized coral

Thanks very much. That's more than I've been able to find.