PDA

View Full Version : Closed Study Groups

spoonbender
03-12-2004, 01:49
A recent thread about the Phantasmagoric Theatre Tarot made me realise what a great pity it is that closed study groups are no longer available to non-subscribers... Even if they participated in them, they can no longer read their own posts!!!

I would REALLY like to have all study groups open to public, even after they are closed.

What I was also wondering about... Is there an exact time after which a study group is closed? I remember I was really surprised when I noticed that the Phantasmagoric Study Group had disappeared! Maybe a warning could be given beforehand? That could be a push in the back for people to keep contributing.

Spoon

Sulis
03-12-2004, 03:53
Hi Spoon,

I think although I'm not absolutely sure that if a study group which has its own forum remains inactive for 6 weeks it's put in the forum archives which are a subscriber only section.

One of the advantages of a group not having its own forum is that it will stay in General Study Groups for ever and can be revived at any time and by any member simply by posting in one of the old threads.

I agree with you - I think this is an issue which needs to be addressed.

Love

Sulis xx

syko_girl
03-12-2004, 11:32
I agree wholeheartedly, Spoon! (love the name, by the way)

I would love to be able to study and disciss this deck with other people. It's really unique and interesting and I think that it lends itself to a deeper understanding of Tarot in general.

If I can help in any way please let me know.

Majecot
03-12-2004, 11:43
I think so too. I think many people are just like me. They go in cycles of studying different decks.
We are like little butterflies, flitting from deck to deck, hence study group to study group.. what may no longer interest someone today... may well interest someone else tomorrow.

Perhaps those "sleeping" study groups can be placed in a revival zone.. so that when some one gets that brand new deck, or has an old one spark some interest.. or when some new person joins...they can contribute to a discussion already in progress rather than have it moved completely out of general public view.

Solandia
03-12-2004, 23:19
Hi spoonbender,

Sulis is correct, Study Groups are generally moved to the Forum Archives after six weeks of complete inactivity. The Phantasmagoric Theater group had been quiet for a long time, but if there are at least four people interested in discussing it again now, I'll re-open the group.

~ Solandia

spoonbender
04-12-2004, 00:02
Thank you all for replies :)!!

I started a new thread about reviving the Phantasmagoric study group in the Study Group Forum. I hope I can find at least 3 more people who are interested - please don't hesitate to jump in!

Solandia, do you think there's anything that can be done about making the closed study groups still accessible to non-subscribers?

Spoon

prk001
04-12-2004, 02:16
Solandia, do you think there's anything that can be done about making the closed study groups still accessible to non-subscribers?

Spoon
I would definitely like that option of having the closed study groups in some general public archive. That way we could discuss the cards even when the study group is closed and if the activity level in the group increases then it can be revived back to regular study group.

RK