PDA

View Full Version : confused....

Karmen26
04-12-2004, 03:29
There's something i'm really confused about concerning progressed natal charts. Pluto will be making a transit in my 10th house...in my natal chart Pluto is in the 8th house...how can puto be in the 10 house then in a few years? I thought that when astrolgers predicted the future they used your natal progressed chart and in that case i have no idea what she was using...ah i hope i am making sense here..I feel like i'm missing a big part of the puzzle..just can't seem to put it all together...I'm all ears of any advice

Thank you ,
Karmen

Minderwiz
04-12-2004, 03:35
I think the operative word in her comments is'transit' - it's quite possible that Pluto will be transiting your tenth house in a few years time, as transits take the current position of the planet and place it in (well usually just outside) your chart.

I can't be certain of this without your chart details but it does look like being the obvious answer.

Transits are not progressions and it seems that she has confused you by not clearly distinguishing between occasions when she is using a progressed chart and occasions when she is looking at transits or indeed comparing the two.

Hope this helps

dadsnook2000
04-12-2004, 03:41
Getting Pluto from the 8th to the 10th -- well, that isn't likely by using any of the progression routines because Pluto moves so slowly. It is most likely going to happen relative to Pluto TRANSITING. Pluto is currently moving at a rate of one sign (30 degrees) every 15 years or so -- which is due to its highly eliptical orbit which has currently moved it as close to the Sun as Neptune's orbit. At other times Pluto may take 30 years to transit a sign.

So, in ten years time it is possible for Pluto, in your chart, to move from late in the 8th house, through a narrow 9th house, and into your 10th house. This is all dependant, of course, on your chart and the house system used. In ten years time it will be nearing the middle third of Capricorn (remember, signs are not houses). Dave.

witchywomyn
04-12-2004, 04:23
I thought it took 100 years for Pluto to return to where it began in your birthchart...wouldn't that mean roughly 8.3 years in each sign??

Karmen26
04-12-2004, 04:34
Thank you both. ok so i think i got that down, but it also brings me to another question. Please bare with me, with Pluto being in my 8th house i was under the impression that the nexy house it would go to was the 7th house? I realize the normal thing for it to do is go to the higher number which the then 9th house, but when i did my progressed chart it seemed likt it was going to the 7th....Also, when doing predictive astrology what is more used transits or progression. Thank you for the help. :)

Karmen

dadsnook2000
04-12-2004, 04:55
For witchywomyn: Although I've thrown away some 300 astrology books a few years ago I do seem to remember that Pluto has a cycle of some 240 years or so. I'm sure Minderwiz will pop in with the correct figure. Neptune is probably around 170 years and Uranus about 84 years.

For Karmen26: If natal Pluto is retrograde in your birth chart there is a good chance that a secondary progression chart will show it continuing to drift backwards toward the 7th house from the 8th house. In real time it will retrograde for some 5 months of the year and then move forward for some 7 months. The outer planets tend to retrograd 4 months or more each year.

As for predictive astrology methods, there are quite a few that are practiced. Secondary progressions is quite popular, solar progressions are also used -- particularly by those who also use mid-points in their work. Primary directions are rarely used because of the complexity involved -- even with computers you have to know what to ask for, what you are seeing, and how to use it. Transits are used both alone and with progressions. I myself tend to use none of those in my predictive work, relying instead on cyclic systems and Solunar Returns. It takes time to explore the many systems of astrology available. Each of us has to find what is right for us. Dave.

Karmen26
04-12-2004, 06:08
Once again thank you. I'm starting to see the light here....and you're right my Pluto is in retrograde...

Thank you,
Karmen

Minderwiz
04-12-2004, 06:21
Dave's spot on with his estimate of Pluto's orbital period - it takes 242 years to complete a revolution of the Sun. And I'd just echo Dave's earlier point - Pluto's orbit is highly eccentric, passing just inside Neptune's orbit for part of its travel.

Therefore it can take between 17 years and 32 years for Pluto to pass through a sign, depending on it's orbital position. From 1979 to 1999 Pluto was actually inside Neptune's orbit so during that period it would be moving at it's fastest as seen from Earth. This is why someone such as myself having Pluto in Leo in our birth charts, are 'enjoying' Pluto trine to it's natal position. If it had been at the furtherst extremes of it's orbit I'd have to be over 120 to achieve that, as it is I'm not yet half that age.

ophrys
06-12-2004, 06:27
Pluto takes about 250 years to return.
I often observed that it forms an aspect of quincux with its natal position in cases of natural death.
I thought it took 100 years for Pluto to return to where it began in your birthchart...wouldn't that mean roughly 8.3 years in each sign??

dadsnook2000
06-12-2004, 10:37
I doubt if it is a simple as that. An opposition can be take as long as 120 year or even more in some cases, or as little as 60 years. The first 150 degree angle might require 50 years or 110 years. Everyone is so different and everyone is sensitive to some things in their charts and not other things. I, for example, live my life with no Pluto impact at all. Now, Saturn, Mars, Venus are another thing. If we have unique lives and unique charts then we likely have unique requirements and Pluto will not often be the tool that shapes and ends those events. When it is involved it seems to be intense, however.

I have found, for example, that Venus is highly active in many death charts, seemingly acting as a "balancing" tool -- helping in some way to harmonize things before death. Now, that is really a nice thought -- a beautiful passing. Just some thoughts. How may Pluto patterns have you seen in death charts? Were they angular? What else was involved? It would be interesting to discuss -- I think we all dwell on this from time to time. Dave.