A look ahead: Mars conjunct Venus, the new moon and the Winter Solstice

paradoxx

Mars and Venus nade their Scorpio conjunction on the 6th, during the virgo to libra phase of the waning moon. Dark passion and red hot fury intermingle into something new as the new moon phase begins. Mars is interactive, Venus is submissive, this is actually not the best conjunction for unstable partnerships of anykind, but Scorpio intensity and drive are usually more goal oriented. This conjunction is already seperating so take deep breaths and get some spaace if you need it.

Mercury and Pluto also make a conjunction in Sagitarius, Mercury in retrograde makes this the second such conjunction in 4 weeks, Mercury wants to talk, Pluto likes action, but the distance between these two may just cause boredom and inaction as well as a recession of progress, the current value of the Dollar for example..

Asteroid Juno, the Herald of Equal rights, has entered Aquarius, the (conservitive) rebel. Aquarius wants people to be happy, able, and ready to move foreward in life, current restrictions do not work well with Juno's role, which is to spark Neptune's energy into gear. Strong moves were made to establish what kind of relationships are certified, but only at the cost of announcing the results to the world. Juno now has extra work to do.

Now Cancer-Saturns opposition (in retrograde) to the direct moving Capricorn-Juno and Chiron removes the limitations the government has been restricted by where it really should not have been to right some wrongs. Saturns retrograde keeps the pressure of limitations on high, and maintains karma for those Cancer born. This is fast acting Karma, this karma comes from the last 5 years. This is also a chance for Cancer to be free of a great deal of burden of these last 5 years, and changer their outlook on life to something more posiitve.

Jupiter @ 14 Libra, Uranus @ 3Pisces

in just under one week,

The New moon occurs on the 12th, and will conjunct Mercury and Pluto as well. In Fact Mercury is the key figure in this aspect. The ususlly overwhealming new moon now has an outlet for overcharged emotions. Mercury will have passed the moon and the Sun by this time in its retrograde movement and will be at its quckest, don't try to take things personally, Pluto adds intensity where it is most inconvenient.

Chiron is moving slowly to opposition with Saturn. Saturns retrograde remoes restrictions except for the sign it is in, while Capricorn thrives of Saturns order, retrograde Saturn puts unscheduled chaos into the goats lap. Cancers homelife is being analyzed and in some cases, paralyzed, and homecomings may not happen under the most positive of circumstances. The moon makes a quick transit over Capricorn and the currently housed bodies and then into Aquarius to activate Juno's equalitarian properties shortly before neptuenes dreaminess is spurred.

Venus at this point has close proximity to Mercury, the need and love to talk will be brought back to the forefront again. Mars follows behind with proactive and somewhat hyptertensious (or is that sexual, Scorpio makes little difference) energy. Jupiter enters teh second Decante of Libra, associated with Aquarius, so a fixed opinion will present itself soon, it will require creative debate to sway opinions.

Winter Solstice, December 21

Ok, this is the day, Saturn in Retrograde, in Cancer, opposing Chirion, direct, in Capricorn. The opposition occurs between 24 and 25 degrees. the Sun will enter Capricorn in the daylight of this shortest day, Mercury will be direct for one full day, and moving at its slowest, weather may impede travel throughout the entire week. All in all, this is a good energy for the solstice and coming holiday weekends but somber moods will be predominant.

A Grand Water Trine is also starting to form with Vesta taking the pisces point, Saturn in Cancer, and Mars in Scorpio. Vesta, protector of the hearth, makes the needs of home security and homeland security visual and undeniable. Saturns retrograde softents its point and reduces restrictions instead of increases. Mars in Scorpio is self-presevation and survival needs. This combination makes for a difficult time for those who want total power, too much chaos and disorder keeps the powerbase thinner and less centralized, but drawbacks will come from that once Saturn returns direct next Year.

More might be added as additional aspects are analyzed.

TemperanceAngel

paradoxx said:
Now Cancer-Saturns opposition (in retrograde) to the direct moving Capricorn-Juno and Chiron removes the limitations the government has been restricted by where it really should not have been to right some wrongs. Saturns retrograde keeps the pressure of limitations on high, and maintains karma for those Cancer born. This is fast acting Karma, this karma comes from the last 5 years. This is also a chance for Cancer to be free of a great deal of burden of these last 5 years, and changer their outlook on life to something more posiitve.
paradox I'd like to thank you for posting your very imformative words in this Forum, I always read them but not knowing much about astrology I generally never have anything to say.

As one who is Cancer born (on the cusp with Leo), I must say that last week and the week before I could literally feel Saturn sitting on my head, oh the pressure. It interests me what you say about the karma as this has been so true for me. My life has been stripped as only Saturn/The Tower could do. It's somewhat refreshing (and scary) as I do like change. Everything has changed in my life, to never be the same again! I can imagine that this could be quite disconcerting for others who do not embrace change like I do :)

It makes me wonder where skytwig is and what's going on with her?

dadsnook2000

A comment, a digression . . .

Quoted: "Mars is interactive, Venus is submissive, this is actually not the best conjunction for unstable partnerships of anykind . . ." End of quote.

First of all, I also enjoy your regular insights concerning the sky around us. I see that there is not often a lot of reply postings as this is a "mostly read it" post.

I'd like to call attention to your comments on Mars and Venus, two planetary energies which are always fun to view and comment on. On a "relationship" level I've found your words to be more true than not. What is interesting is to look at the two within one natal chart. Natally, these two planets in various aspectual relationships to each other can be quite different. In other words, they behave differently as a pair INWARDLY than OUTWARDLY. If there are others who would like to have a thread exploring this, it might be interesting. Dave.

paradoxx

TempranceAngel, Dadsnook, I understand completely, I had Saturn go over my Solar Degree (also the solar degree of the Great Seal of the United States and the symbol of the U.S. Economy. I'm going to go see National Tresure tonight to make the year worthwhile.) in 2003 and 2004, and my perceptions were changed forever. From family ties to world events, 2003 couldn't contain it all and it blended straight into 2004. I had a rollecoaster ride of ups and downs, exciting moments and stressful days, I saw old friends, and expierenced the wonders of ancient grounds. I also had to deal with the prejudices my family holds, not to me, but it is an outward prejudice that saddens me. On that note, I woudl like to say that perhaps using the word 'submissive' is a little strong , and possibly bias, to Venus, but the Venus in Scorpio energies have been placed in a position of debachury if i was to use the Thoth attributions.

When it comes time for Venus to be conuncting Mercury this will give Venus a chance to be expressive, bringing Mars energy with her, the goddes of beauty will bring an age of elegence but one that, while very comfortable, should not be exalted above everything else.

Moon, Sun, and Pluto are all in this together, and these feelings of dark energy that some may be feeling are fleeting at most, stay focused, and get some sun during the day. Plto is challenging us to make our own choices in life, and Sagitarius is opening the doors, but has a weapon drawn for safety's sake.

I too home skytwig is ok, she always picks up on the one thing that gels everything together, very Cancer of her.

TemperanceAngel

I checked out my transits today: Saturn 26 in the 5th house, my Sun at 28 in 5th house. Now it makes sense why I felt like Saturn was sitting right on top of me...YISERS!!!!!

TemperanceAngel

paradoxx said:
From family ties to world events, 2003 couldn't contain it all and it blended straight into 2004. I had a rollecoaster ride of ups and downs, exciting moments and stressful days, I saw old friends, and expierenced the wonders of ancient grounds. I also had to deal with the prejudices my family holds, not to me, but it is an outward prejudice that saddens me.

I too home skytwig is ok, she always picks up on the one thing that gels everything together, very Cancer of her.
paradoxx it was late last night when I posted, thanks for sharing your personal stories with us, I really understand what you are saying.

In between, maybe skytwig will here our call?!!

purplefishy

"A Grand Water Trine is also starting to form with Vesta taking the pisces point, Saturn in Cancer, and Mars in Scorpio. Vesta, protector of the hearth, makes the needs of home security and homeland security visual and undeniable. Saturns retrograde softents its point and reduces restrictions instead of increases. Mars in Scorpio is self-presevation and survival needs. This combination makes for a difficult time for those who want total power, too much chaos and disorder keeps the powerbase thinner and less centralized, but drawbacks will come from that once Saturn returns direct next Year"

I have a grand water trine in my natal chart, does this have any influence on me personally?

paradoxx

The good news is that you are well prepared to deal with Saturn Retrograde again, remember that Penguin Energy.

The better news is that Water trines help water trines, just be aware of the undertow and stay atop of the situation. Sometimes it takes a little sacrifice to get a long way.

As for your personality, as long as you are not being pulled into too many directions, you can feel appreciable and productive. Shallow water makes sticky mud and thats no fun at all.

The bad news is that Saturns in Retorgrade, so if you have Saturn retrograde in your chart, prepare for your lives to move ahead, everyone else, take a deep breath and start swimming, its a long way to shore.

purplefishy

Yes, I do have Saturn retrograde in Virgo (11th house) in my natal chart. So, I suppose that's why I can deal more or less.
I have to remember not to have such a limited view of what I can accomplish.