Mars return

jumptothemoonyea

Hi everyone!

I have Mars return coming soon in my 2nd house. Would you tell me what happens when Mars returns?

Thank you.

dadsnook2000

Questions . . .

I have some questions. Do you mean that Mars will return to its natal position in your second house, and that is your question? Or, do you mean that Mars will soon return to its natal position and at the time that it does so you have calculated a chart and found that Mars conjunct Mars will be in the second house of the "return chart" (this is different from the natal chart)?

Dave.

jumptothemoonyea

Hi Dave,

Do you mean that Mars will return to its natal position in your second house, and that is your question?
yes, my natal Mars is in 2nd house in Sagittarius and transiting mars is approaching it.
thanks

dadsnook2000

Mars again

When Mars returns to its natal position within the natal chart, all of the ways in which you and Mars have interacted and reacted in the past are likely to again happen. That said, lets look at exactly what could happen.

1) The placement of Mars in your natal chart and the aspects to some of the other planets, each in their own houses, help to shape a basic pattern in which you exercise creativity, show anger, apply yourself to tasks, maintain your own presence in the world, etc. When Mars re-energizes this basic and always meaningful pattern all of those qualities can be played out.

2) When Mars reaches its natal position in your natal chart, there are likely to be planets and aspects that occur which were not present in your natal chart. You can use these to modify (or to use a modern term) or upgrade your "Mars Behavior Patterns." Actually, every time Mars returns to its natal position, in the past or in the future, you can use these new opportunities to improve and/or change your Mars Behavior Pattern.

3) Upon some Mars returns, transiting Mars may have transiting aspects that involve the same planets it aspected in the natal chart -- they just may have different aspects. When these "just the same but different" planets and aspects occur, they should be seen as more powerful opportunities to experience your Mars energies in expanded and modified ways.

This is how we grow -- or one of the ways in which we can grow. Another way is to interact with someone else's Mars.

4) Now, you can play a little game over the next two years by watching how Mars expresses itself as it goes through a series of Moon-like phases relative to its natal placement. From the conjunction point until Mars reaches 45 degrees ahead of its natal position, Mars is likely to be most expressive and assertive. From 45 to 90 degrees ahead of its natal position Mars is likely to meet several forms of awkward challenges where its energy may not be applied effectively. From the 90 degree to the 135 degree point, Mars will fight to re-establish itself and be quite outgoing and aggressive. From 135 degrees to 180 degrees (opposite its natal position), Mars will make adjustments and improve its manners, finding that skill and strategy is better than taking on the world blindly.

Once it reaches an opposition to its natal position, Mars will be most effective if it can gather resources, make allies and refrain from overly agressive approaches. If it has to act, clarity of purpose and expediency of force should be kept in mind. From 225 to 270 degrees, Mars has to be clear about its goals and reasons for acting -- no cheap shots or backstabbing. Once the closing square at 270 degrees to its natal position is reached, Mars will need to prove itself in some way. Hopefully this can be done in a mature and direct way. At the closing phase, (which you have been just passing through) Mars will need to retreat and think about re-arming itself for greater challenges, different challenges. Perhaps Mars can migrate to becomming a force or resource that others can draw upon rather than a force for yourself alone.

Have fun. Dave.

isthmus nekoi

Just to expound on Dave's first point, look back at your chart and try to see how other Mars transits have affected your life. This should give you the "flavour" of transiting Mars for you.

jumptothemoonyea

Dave, thank you for the explanation, a lot to study. Isthmus Nekoi, thank you for your advice - I will backtrack my Mars transits as you suggested.