Remedy for long term cold/cough and weakness??

Chubby Mummy

My step mum has been ill bless her, and I have bought everything in the chemist for her, shes been doctors and doesnt have an infection, shes even taken antibiotics, and every medicine you can imagine. Her health is getting worse and worse and its even got to a point where she cant even get out of bed because shes so weak... I think its time to try something new which isnt factory-produced...i.e, any gemstones, herbs, Id even try a spell to get her better, shes been suffering too long!
btw...
(shes normally very very healthy and energetic...shes definitly not one of those hypochondriacs who love popping pills left right and centre...shes honestly really really ill...)
Any ideas anyone???

xx
cm

Red Emma

Herb/crystal cures

I don't blame you for being concerned about your Step-Mom's health. After a long time of searching for answers to my own health problems, I've come to the conclusion that the American-European medical profession severely limits itself. They refuse to consider anything but the most mechanistic, chemical protocols. When patients' problems veer a bit from their straight-narrow, inside-the-box thinking, they are helpless. Most of them are afraid to step outside what's considered 'appropriate' by their colleagues.

In my own case I finally took control of my own search, and after a long time found some answers through competent psychologists/therapists. In the U.S. I've found that psychiatric social workers are the very best place to start in this venue.

Don't forget Chinese medicine, various naturopathic M. D.'s. Don't be afraid to look at any style of medicine. In some cases, Shamanic Journeying can be helpful. I have a friend who is a touch healer who has helped me with some stuff which, while not life threatening was certainly worrisome.

I guess I'm saying, don't limit your self to the limited conventional medical community. They know everything about the mechanics of the body, but haven't a clue how problems of the mind and spirit affect the mechanism. Few of them are interested in even looking at it.

My very best wishes to you and your Step-Mom.

smleite

There is a disease called chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). It is often misdiagnosed, and I only know about it because I saw a TV program on the subject yesterday… I’ve taken this text from the Internet: “People with COPD, especially those who have chronic bronchitis, may have a rapid, sometimes sudden, and prolonged worsening of symptoms (cough, amount of mucus, and/or shortness of breath). This is called a COPD exacerbation. It can be mild to life-threatening, and you may have to go to the hospital”. Has your stepmother been tested for pulmonary complications? That could explain symptoms similar to a cold, the cough, and the physical exhaustion.

Chubby Mummy

oh no she hasnt...you know what the problem is in the uk, the doctors are free (its all government paid) which is all good BUT the doctors are crap (excuse my french)
They get sooooo many patients a day they seem to lose their sensitivity after a while and prescribe penicillin to anyone with an infection and paracetamol for everything else.
I will tell her to go and check that out, poor thing she probably wont even take me seriously im always advising her and nothing works...
Ive just told her to try echinacea and garlic tablets...i hope that will do the trick...what u think..?
Thank you both for your advice I will tell her and hopefully something will work soon....

xx
cm

Red Emma

Alternative medical therapies

Let us know how things turn out for her.

Best wishes for you both.

Red Emma

Emily

Hi Chubby Mummy,

Do you have a healthfood shop any where near you? I have one in my local town and the lady there is very helpful when it comes to recommending certain types of suppliments. Also she has a list of all the alternative medicine practitioners in our area - reiki, indian head massage, aromatherapy - that kind of thing - Might be worth you calling into one and telling the assistant about your moms symptoms, they might be as helpful as the lady in my local shop. :)

Sulis

Hi Chubby Mummy,

I'd start by getting some echinacea drops from your local health food shop. 15 drops in a little water a couple of times a day really boosts the immune system.

Then I'd think about some sort of complementary therapy. I'd advise reflexology (I'm a reflexologist). Reflexology is a wonderfully relaxing treatment. It works on the princilple that the body is mapped out on the feet, hands and ears. The treatment helps the body to heal itself. It 'balances' both the glands and organs and the subtle energies too. When I say balance I mean if something is underworking it will be stimulated, if something is overworking it will be gently calmed down.

Most people feel a benefit after around 4 treatments although many people feel much better after just one.

Are you in the UK? If you are I could give you a list of qualified therapists in your area.

Love

Sulis xx

Diana

A hair analysis could point to something the doctor's are not looking into. A naturopath should know of a laboratory who does hair analysis.

I suppose she has had a thorough blood-check?

Hair analysis would also show up any heavy-metals intoxications, for instance, which doctors normally don't bother to check on.

Aure

Are you sure she doesn't have asthma? Long term cough could be a symptom of that.

My husband and I never realized we both had asthma type symptoms until we both started to have colds and bronchitis (it makes you feel really tired). We still haven't got diagnosis because it takes a long time to diagnose asthma, but we need to use asthma medications. I believe the asthma symptoms with us are due to proneness to allergy and because our former apartment was infested with mold (in the bathroom, under the wall papers). And then there's the fact that we both used to smoke.

I dunno if my answer will help at all but just thought I'd share my experiences!

Chubby Mummy

Well I bought her some olbas oil, seven seas tonic and some echinacea and told her to stop taking all the other stuff shes taking (paracetamol,aspirin, antibiotics) and 1 day later she says shes feeling much much better...! I told her by christmas hopefully she'll be back to her normal self!!

thanks everyone for your help!

xx
CM