Shaman Wisdom Cards...

WhiteRaven

Does anyone have the Shaman Wisdom Cards...if so, what are some of your impressions of this deck.

My daughter bought this for me for Christmas but I'm having a bit of a time understanding them...or rather...connecting with them. Which is surprising seeing that part of my beliefs are on the path of Shamanism...

Any comments would be appreciated.

FantasyWorld

Hum...I have tem but don't think I've ever used them. All the cards have a tree or or herb or crystal or something on them saying whether it's feminine or masucline and what planet it corresponds to or something else relating to it:
Example
Aspen
Masculine-East
Mercury-Air
and it shows a small pic of leaves of an Apsen tree.

Example 2
Thunder Moon
Virgo-
Shields-Adolescent

WhiteRaven

ya..something like that...I'm having a problem connecting to them...the imagery is nice...like...I like the cards themselves...but I've re-read and re-read the LWB and still go "duh"...my intuition isn't kicking in with these cards..I look at them and go "duh"...ugh!

:(

Fulgour

WhiteRaven said:
My daughter bought this for me for Christmas but I'm having a bit of a time understanding them...or rather...connecting with them. Which is surprising seeing that part of my beliefs are on the path of Shamanism... Any comments would be appreciated.
I began a post earlier that I changed my mind about,
these are a gift and that may be the secret to them.
The idea behind the cards is worth playing around on,
laying them out in groups, this way that way, playing.
Some curious things will pop out if you kinda squint...

WhiteRaven

I will be taking a closer look at them when the holidays are over and my son is back at the group home. It is so small here that we are always in the same room together and it's really hard to concentrate and meditate on anything.

Thank you Fulgour for very sound advice.
I'm looking forward to the "squint" ;)

It just bothers me that there is such a
distance between us (the cards and I) at
the moment.

EmeraldMaze

I'm curious, did you ever get them figured out?

WhiteRaven

EmeraldMaze said:
I'm curious, did you ever get them figured out?

I'm still having a hard time with them...

zorya

perhaps it is the correspondences being used, that are troubling you?

for example, i could be comfortable with the aspen as air, because it quivers and seems to communicate (which i associate with air and mercury), but i cannot see it as representing the east, because i see east as fire (because this is the direction of the sun rise).

aspen also represents fear and testing, due to it's trembling. these to me are also north, air, winter (sword) qualities.

i have several other decks with correspondences that differ from my own, but the correspondences play a less pivotal role. this deck seems to hinge upon them, with each correspondence hinging upon another.

is this a deck in which you can use the key features, but change the meanings to fit your own correspondences?