Question: Planet Sedna and its influence in astrology

katie_here

Reading my horoscopes in the daily papers, I am now coming across references to Sedna. At the moment it is in my sun sign (taurus) and the astrologer is saying what influence it will have over me.

My question is this....

How do astrologers determine what influence a planet will have over a person at a given time of the year.

If Sedna is relatively "new" to us on earth, how does anyone know what influences it has?

dadsnook2000

Good question.

You are right to be skeptical. I would not put much stock in anyone's opinion that this new body influences us one way or another -- or even my opinion that it is probably in the range of "slight to useless" in interpretation. Dave.

Astraea

I am in complete agreement with Dave. Astrologers make determinations about the significance of planets in signs based on empirical observation over time, and via intuitive or mythologically-based associations with the names assigned to celestial bodies and points in space. The first of these conditions has decidely not been met with respect to Sedna, and the second is highly speculative, as well.