Mirrors Of The Heart

Owlface

Just wondering if anybody has logged onto Tarot Passages yet and seen this oracle being highlighted. I went over to the creator's website and am impressed at her work-the cards are linocuts, black on tan, and the simple-yet-powerful images would be great for storytelling, creative writing, and meditation.

Another thing that impresses me is that she is going to donate 10% of the proceeds to an HIV/AIDS charity working in Africa.

love and blessings to all,

rosyelf

darwinia

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=33147

I have been working with the deck since I posted about it in November, and have written a review which will be finished in a couple of days. I have to wait for the oil-based ink to dry as I did a linocut as part of the study of this deck as well as three other exercises!

I've been having a lot of fun with the deck and learning a new art technique.

I love odd oracle decks.

Owlface

Mirror of the heart

Thanks, Darwinia, I've just logged on to your original thread and to the other site you quoted. I, like you, love odd oracle decks. This one is so deep and beautiful and I am going to order it today. I see myself using it quite a lot.

anyone else out there using it ?

love

rosyelf

P.S. I will keep my eyes peeled, darwinia, for your review. A review that actually includes your own linocuts is a work of art in its own right.:) :)

darwinia

There is great inspiration in this little deck, a wonderful spirit of art and joy, which is something we could all benefit from!

http://www.tarotpassages.com/Pages2/mirrors-jj.htm

Years ago I saw a little quote about religious faith which said "One loving spirit sets another on fire." I generally apply this to any encounter in life, whether I encounter a person in the "real" world or through a card deck or online through e-mail.

Some people have a knack for inspiring and harnessing energy, and I respect that.

It's a good vibe!!!

lark

Now THAT is what I call getting to know a deck!!
Bravo darwinia!
What a wonderful article, and your quilt is stunning!
Love, love the bird litho too...
Now you know you made me add another deck to the wish list.... :)

starsongs

I've been drawn to this deck also (have seen it on e-bay), its wonderful!

Reading all of what has been shared here has convinced me...

Thanks for the links to May's website and your inspiring review, darwinia...

starsongs

Owlface

mirrors of the heart

Darwinia, what a wonderful review ! I'm so with you when you write of these cards breathing inspiration into your own life. And aren't they, in a way, so simple ? Not contrived, not showy, but born from the heart, real images that make a difference to people's lives. And I love your quilt, and your bird. :)

love

rosyelf

darwinia

rosyelf said:
And I love your quilt, and your bird. :)

Thanks for the comments.

F.B. is getting a bit full of himself. He thinks he's some sort of incarnation of a Celtic Warrior who went to Rome with salient messages and was received by the Emperor Augustus and jazz like that.

I also think he's about to propose to you know who, who seems a bit dazzled by his headdress and tales of Imperial favour.

Sheesh, give a lino cut a personality. . .

BodhiSeed

Decided to drag this thread out of the basement. I recently acquired the Drogi Tarot, and in looking for an oracle to pair with it I came across the Mirrors of the Heart:
http://www.artsofmay.com/MirrorsDecks.html
I really like the folk-art style of the linocuts, and I think the keywords will allow me to "check-in" with myself, to see if the concept is lacking or needs to be revised in my life.
Does anyone else have this deck, and if so, have you used it?