Who reads professionally (either PT or FT)?

IDN

Hi,

'Just interested to see how many people read Tarot professionally (ie for money) either:-

Full time (it is your sole-income)?

OR

Part time (as additional income or "pocket money")?

Many thanks,
Regards,
Ian

L'Etoile

I don't though I've thought about it for a while. I don't feel comfortable asking for money yet, because I've only been studying for 2 years or so, but I'm thinking that would be a good way to earn a little spending money for college.

Any tips on how to start?

September Pixie

I read 'part time' as I have quite a lot of clients.. but my pay is rather different... I NEVER ask for payment & I take tokens as well.. I have gotten payment in forms of jewelery, beanie babies, money, ironiclly tarot cards, and so on.. payment isnt a must for me but they often ask "how much do you charge" and I reply with "how valuible was the reading to you?".. then they usually pay me accordingly.. The oddest trinket I ever recieved was a gold wedding band, and there have been times where I have gotten nothing... I probably would make enough to be considered a part time job, but I certianly didn't set out to make it a full time business... I would love to, but the oppertunity just has never presented itself.

Adjustment

About 2 years ago i was reading for a psychic hot-line, the time was very flexible, you just log on the phone whenever you can and you can put as many hours you can but just get pay for the calls you get by the minutes, night time was the best time for getting big amounts of calls, it was when got very busy. Right now i don't do it anymore but hope to do it again sometimes.

Fulgour

IDN said:
Hi, 'Just interested to see how many people read Tarot professionally (ie for money) either:- Full time (it is your sole-income)? OR Part time (as additional income or "pocket money")? Many thanks, Regards, Ian
How about you, Ian? Ante up...

IDN

I have only just set out on my Tarot journey- in fact 6 months to the day!

But I certainly would like to do readings part-time, when I reach an appropriate "level".

I am currently undertaking the mentored course with TABI (which is excellent- the TABI Mentors work VERY hard)

I would like to think I could earn some "pocket money" from doing one or two readings a week.

So the thread was just to see how many people found the Tarot to be lucrative.

Regards,
Ian

Kit

I delved into tarot nearly a year and a half ago...one day I'd like to read part time for ... if not money, "tokens" as September Pixie put it. I love that idea- tokens.
Right now, I do 2 or 3 readings a week for friends- who pay me with food, and non-friends- who only feed me feedback. Still, that's what's most important to me now- feedback.
This could really easily lead into one of those numerous "do you think readers should accept money" threads...that's why I like September Pixie's 'whatever it was worth to you' +'tokens' approach. If I ever read professionally, that's the one for me.
Raeven

Keslynn

I read part time. The extra income is quite nice though it is variable. Some weekends I would make $180 and other weekends, only $20 or so.

I used to work Saturday and Sunday, but the store I was working at closed. Now I'm doing Sundays at another store and filling in Saturdays when the other reader can't make it.

I don't think I'd ever do it full time, but as a part time job, it's exactly what I wanted. I've grown leaps and bounds as a reader from reading professionally. Reading for friends is good practice, true, but having a wider querent pool brings up a wider variety of cards. It's awesome.

:) Kes

TemperanceAngel

Tara Deck said:
About 2 years ago i was reading for a psychic hot-line, the time was very flexible, you just log on the phone whenever you can and you can put as many hours you can but just get pay for the calls you get by the minutes, night time was the best time for getting big amounts of calls, it was when got very busy. Right now i don't do it anymore but hope to do it again sometimes.
Hi Tara Deck! Can you tell me more about this please? I had a Psychic Hotline ask me to work for them but I was a bit wary....

mac22

IDN said:
Hi,

'Just interested to see how many people read Tarot professionally (ie for money) either:-

Full time (it is your sole-income)?

OR

Part time (as additional income or "pocket money")?
Ian

I read P/T professionally. I also just started consulting for 2 spa. Rates are $125/hr. I have a business card with my email.