PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Tea recipies

cayacia
12-01-2005, 15:30
I would love to hear any favorite tea recipies anyone has.

One of my concoctions is:

1 tsp Chinese or Japanese Sencha
pinch of lavender

HudsonGray
12-01-2005, 16:35
This is going to sound weird but it tastes great--Red Zinger herbal in hot orange juice (good hot or cold). I tried the OJ one day instead of water and it worked great. I've added cinnamon sticks to it also, which give it a more exotic flavor.

TemperanceAngel
12-01-2005, 16:41
For chamomile fans get a pot filled with chamomile (duh!), cinnamon sticks (not too many!!!) and freshly squeezed lemon.

Let diffuse for 10-20 mins, gorgeous, great for sleep too :D

ocho8s
13-01-2005, 03:13
I like this "tea"
Cinammon sticks and when water is boiling I add some pieces of red apple
really nice and also the house get a really nice aroma!!!
Anaoly

Emily
13-01-2005, 10:02
This isn't really a tea recipe but its a different kind of tea, not herbal. Its called Redbush tea, or Rooibos tea - Grown in South Africa. Its caffeine free and has a really smooth different but pleasant flavour. The taste is so unique I can't really explain it but its a tea you'll either like or not. It can also stop heartburn and indigestion in its tracks lol

I drink alot of this tea now but its not readily available in the UK so I have to go to healthfood shops to buy it - but I thought I would mention it in here. :)

TemperanceAngel
13-01-2005, 10:24
Oh Emily, I love that tea, it's beautiful :D

yve
13-01-2005, 12:44
Yes, I've tried Rooibos too...first time was in a specialty tea cafe and I just loved it! Now Tetley has made a Rooibos Vanilla, it is quite good....

Mesara
13-01-2005, 14:36
Hudson's recipe sounds really, really, really yummy. Ive been on a citrus kick for about a month now, eating oranges like crazy.

cayacia
13-01-2005, 14:44
Is Redbush available in the US, does anyone know? It sounds really good and vanilla is one of my faviorite scents.

Chronata
14-01-2005, 02:40
My Favorite tea is made from what used to grow in my Mother's garden...

fresh Lavender buds
fresh Spearmint
a couple of fresh Camomile flowers

This is a great herbal tea for relaxing.

Emily
14-01-2005, 22:53
I haven't tried the Tetley Vanilla Redbush yet - The first time I drank Redbush it had been mixed with normal tea so it was just a hint of the flavour but I wanted to try it on its own so tracked down the teabags in a healthfood shop near me. As soon as I tried it I liked it, it has a kind of nutty taste but not strong or perfumed just pleasant. The teabags smell like they taste too. :)

cayacia
15-01-2005, 09:27
Mmm. I tried something new today. White tea! It's really smooth and VERY good. Has anyone else had this?

Ulfdis
16-01-2005, 08:11
Is Redbush available in the US, does anyone know? It sounds really good and vanilla is one of my faviorite scents.

I've seen some different flavors of rooibos put out by Celestial Seasonings in the supermarkets around here, including Walmart. I've also seen another brand of tea that I think makes rooibos exclusively. I'm not sure of the brand name. It should be available somewhere near you.

MeeWah
16-01-2005, 16:24
In the U.S., Redbush Tea available under various brands including the label Tazo, sold in health food shops & also at supermarkets, including at Kroger, a national chain supermarket. The latter also carries it as an African import tea, but not all of its stores will have it.

Flavio
18-01-2005, 06:56
Here is a delicious oriental mix, hope you like it: use 1 tea bag of Jasmine Tea (Chinese food stores) and 1 tea bag of japanese Green Tea, if you like add a touch of lemon and sugar the taste is nice whether hot or cold.