Anyone hear of Honey Calcite?

Ambyr_rain

I bought some new stones last week and came across a large chunk of what the saler called Honey Calcite (sp?). I had never heard of it and was wondering what it is used for. I was drawn to it and bought it for 75 cents. I also bought a good sized chunk of raw ruby (a case of had to have it and just couldn't let go of it once I picked it up). The store owner gave me a good price on it (3.00) so I figure It was ment to be mine. Not sure exactly what the properties are on this either.

On my trip I als found a good size chunk of bloodstone for a very good price. But Some one gave me a stone and said it was raw opal, just didn't have the fire, not sure what that means or what effect it has on the property of the stone. He also gave me some pieces of fossils.

Again, not sure what the properties are of those, but from experiance when someone gives stones out of nowwhere, I have learned that I will probably need them...

Bluemanticore

Ambyr, about that opal without the fire, it's possible all the person meant was that it was a regular opal, not a variation of opal called fire opal. I'm guessing that your Honey Calcite is just name variation for Orange Calcite since Calcite only comes in clear, pink, green, blue, or orange. You really lucked out with that ruby, I'd love to find some more raw ruby. I've got one small piece, haven't been able to find more since I go it. By the way, do you know what those fossils are fossils of?

BlueManticore

Centaur

I bought a stone labelled 'red calcite' quite some time ago. I assume that is a variation on the orange kind?

Centaur

Thanks for the link LadyofDreams.

Yes, it is listed there as red calcite. Must be a separate thing. Unless anyone else can vouch otherwise.

PS. I have used it for hangovers in the past. Very useful! Haha.