mugwort

loveinspirit

can mugwort taken as a tea really help psychic abilitys, and if so how?

Grigori

Mugwort can be used internally (although the taste is less than spectacular, fresh might be better than the dry though). It should be avoided during pregnancy.

I burn mugwort to smudge my decks, (we acupuncturists use it in a cigar like stick to heat acupuncture points, so I've got heaps on hand) and it's good for psychic cleansing, as well as stimulating psychic abilities.

It doesn't smell as nice as sage, but I'm already drenched in the odor anyway, ha ha.

I found this link:
http://www.thedance.com/herbs/mugwort.htm

Michelle

Geez - I wish I would have read the page on mugwort before my hysterectomy. I never realized it helped with 'those' problems.

I could spend my whole day on here reading. Unfortunately , I don't think my family would be very understanding when they have no clean clothes or dinner to eat :(.

Phaedra

loveinspirit said:
can mugwort taken as a tea really help psychic abilitys, and if so how?
I've certainly used it that way, both as a tea and as a liqueur (yes, mugwort liqueur). It does seem to help. How? I couldn't begin to guess.

cayacia

Great page Similia!

I also have some questions about that herb:

I have been told that it can also be used as a haluconagin (spelling, sorry!). Is that true?

It's a nice weed ;-). Someone had it growing ramant in their garden and gave me a plant, so I have one of my own. It went rampant for me this year, and even flowered. I have used it once or twice with some plain old mint or dargeeling for "those problems". Does anyone know the difference between the flowers and the leaves?

Also. What is the difference between mugwort and motherwort?

Grigori

I don't know much about use of mugwort as a hallucinogen (my knowledge is mostly traditional chinese medicine based). It is used in hallucinogenic brews, but it would be pretty mild on its own I'd think. Any herb associated with psychic abilities is probably hallucinogenic. (It can smell an aweful lot like marijuana, which might add to it's reputation)

The leaves, or the wool from the leaves (if you have plenty of $) are used traditionally, I think picked before flowering from memery. I don't know anything about using the flowers (or if they are safe). Does someone else?

Often the flowers of a plant are seen as the ultimate "flowering" of the plant, (hence their use in flower essences) so they may be viewed as better for psychic pursuits (especially with the flower representing the head of the plant).

Mugwort and Motherwort are entirely different plants. Mugwort (artemisia vulgaris) belongs the the compositae family (as does chamomile, wormseed, arnica etc.), Motherwort (leonurus cardiaca) to the labiatae (along with mint, marjoram, rosemary, sage etc.).

From a homeopathic perspective the compositae family have an energetic association to injuries and shock, the labiatae to excitment and exhilaration. (Don't know if thats useful for you, but thought I'd throw it in)

Oh, and a link for motherwort
http://botanical.com/botanical/mgmh/m/mother55.html