Calming..

cait_inthe_moon

Does any one know which stones promote calmness in a person? I get really nervous when I have to speak in class. My heart beats faster and I feel nauseous. I have a jade bear that I carry sometimes and a polished piece of amythest that I put with it. I have other stones that I keep in my room too, but I don't usually carry them with me.

lunakasha

Hi there cait!!!

I think it might vary from one person to the next, but for me, selenite is one of the most calming stones i have found. Just holding it in my hand or gazing into its milky-clear center makes me feel more relaxed and internally focused. I often recommend this stone to others as a meditative stone, or simply as a tool for de-stressing. I also find rose quartz very soothing.

:) Luna

cait_inthe_moon

I know I have rose quartz, but I don't think I have selenite. I'll try to find a piece... Thank you for your help!

September Pixie

Aquamarine helps me.. I have some runes made out of aquamarine and I find it helps keep me focused, calm, and emotionally secure.. I don't 'freak out' as much when I am carrying them with me.. Clear Quartz helps me stay focused and harmonious too.. lunakasha is right though, you should find some that work for you. :)

I didn't realize when I bought my runes they would make me feel so calm, clear headed, and focused... it wasn't the reason I bought them.. but the instant I held them.. I knew! Should work the same for you.. do you have a place you can see a variety of them in person? Holding a few of the same stone will help you decide which properties work best for you.. if nothing else, just take a peek online at some sites that show gems that calm nerves, relieve stress, and keep you centered.. then buy them based upon your reaction to their colors and properties.. thats about all I can suggest unless you can see them in person :)

Hope that helps a little.

cait_inthe_moon

Sadly, there aren't many places around here that I could find something. I haven't found very many shops around South Carolina. I am going to try to find something in Georgia or North Carolina, if possible. Thanks for the advice. I have been thinking about getting a set of Runes..