Sugalite

LadyMedusa

I found this beautiful lilac purple stone at a shop the other day. Upon picking it up I had a very comfortable warm travel up my arm. Would anyone be able to share some info on my new friend?

LadyMedusa

oops forgot to attach the pic I've edited in the scan

Attachments

• ~LWF0001.bmp
    137.1 KB · Views: 178

amyel

Hi LM,

Sugilite is a relatively "new" stone", discovered, so it goes, by a Japanese dr. around 1944.

According to my book "Healing Crystals & Gemstones", it has the following healing & magical properties:

"..calming effect on the nervous system...alleviate pain & help treatment of epilepsy and other nervous system distrubances..thought to help combat life threatneing diseases in people & pets...helps its possessor act logically and with determinition in unpleasant situations...symbolizes self-control...effective on all chakras, lionked astrologically to Pisces & Libra."

I have a sugilite pendent which I am drawn to when I have to deal with tough issues at work. I'm not a purple fan, so it was unusual for me to buy this.

LadyMedusa

Thank you Amyel!
In the information you posted I found the reason I was so drawn to this stone.
you included:
helps its possessor act logically and with determinition in unpleasant situations...symbolizes self-control...

I have a job interview tomorrow. I've been on pins and needles since thay called. It's a position for which I am well qualified and have several years experience. It's something I really enjoy.
When I did a spread the cards indicated that I will be the deciding factor in the interview. I tend to be my own worst enemy by letting my nerves get the better of me.

This stone WILL be going with me tomorrow!

LadyMedusa

Alta

Doreen Virtue says it vibrates to the same harmonic as Archangel Michael.

FantasyWorld

I just bought a piece of tumbled Sugilite today and love it!!!
It's outside cleansing right now but I can't wait to work with it, it has such a nice feel to it. I went a little overboard at my local crystal shop today})

FantasyWorld

from my "Crystal Wisdom book by Dolfyn"

Sugilite:
Gemstone Lore: Sugilite is seen as a stone which both enhances conscious awareness and also helps us relinquish negative thoughts and emotions.

Sugilite assists those who are very emphatic and sensitive in coming to terms with the more difficult facts of corporeal existence and aids them in embracing life as it is. This stone can help the idealist,visionary and the extremely kindhearted soul retain their true vision and remain unhurt by the shocks and disappointments of the world. Sugilite is the practical saint of the mineral world--not a saint who sufferes but one who combines a peaceful and joyful life of the soul with true help and kindness for all living things.

Sugilite Speaks

I can walk admist squalor, aid the hurt and the lame,
Yet my spirit shines strong as a glowing bright flame.
I feel all beings' hunger,sadness and fears,
Yet I sing as I feed them and wpe away tears.
The ecstatic joy of life I can feel too;
The empath must tap that to heal and renew.
Close not your heart to another's pain
But stay open to sunshine, as well as rain.

The creator gave you a sensitve soul
To make the universe better and whole.

prudence

how can you tell the difference between sugilite and say charoite? my husband got a strand of beads for me (I make jewlery and mixed media sculptures using them) but he forgot the name. they are purple but not amethyst, he said the name ended in "ite". There is a slight sparkle to some of them, faintly glittery sparkles. Any guesses?
thanks much!
astrid

Hazelsdottir

Sugilite and chaorite are often a similar colour of purpley violet. But good-quality sugilite has an almost luminous, gel-like quality. Charoite is rather like a chaotic blend of lavender tweed! It's shot through with fibrous threads of opaque black, bits of clear quartzlike mineral that shades slightly toward grey, and the occasional dramatic splodge of tan-brown. (The brownish bits are another mineral often found with charoite - I forget what it's called.) Charoite is quite opaque, sugilite somewhat less so.

Of course, they're both very beautiful gems.

Hope this helps!

Hazelsdottir