PDA

View Full Version : Bullīs eye

feticeira
29-01-2005, 17:21
So I`m at the store yesterday and suddenly see this magnificent shine/shimmer coming from this stone, the tag said it was tiger`s eye but now I know it was actually Bullīs Eye.
Anyway I bought it and am thrilled with it! Such amazing energy and it seems to get along really well with my new amethyst, smoked quartz and hawkīs eye.
However I`m not familiar with the uses associated with bullīs eye. Anyone know? I canīt exactly tell yet just by feeling the energy because I`ve had for too little time, and it always helps to know a little background on each stone.

Majecot
30-01-2005, 04:18
I did a google on Bull's Eye and found several articles refering to is as a darker Tiger Eye, with the same metaphysical properties. I was hoping to fine a picture but no luck there. Maybe someone else will beable to find more on it.

"Bull's eye (or ox-eye) - terms sometimes given tiger's-eye having a relatively dark mahogany-red as its chief color"

I don't think I have ever run across one that was of a dark mahogany color. Sounds beautiful!

Utuku
30-01-2005, 12:48
Is this the type of stone you were talking about, Feticeira?
http://www.atelierlatrouvaille.com/Images/oeuf_bulleye.jpg

If so, it's beautiful! ^^ I found something about it.. Are the "eye" stones (tiger's, hawk's, bull's, etc.) a form of agate? If not then you may want to just ignore this..

Agate-Bull's Eye:
• Grounds spirituality, moves energy from the spiritual bodies into the physical, targets spiritually expanding awareness into focused earth plane action
• Calms and concentrates a scattered life purpose, Helps real earth plane achievement of worldly and incarnation goals
• Keeps one's life purpose on target, promotes focus and action on the earth plane

So if you're into astral projection, keep it far away from where you sleep! :D Very, very good grounding stone from the looks of things.

feticeira
30-01-2005, 15:55
Thank you both for replying :)
Yes, that`s the stone Utuku! (take a look at the link Majecot, the colors are shown nicely in that pic) And yes, the eye stones are agates...
I hope to find more about it...

Majecot
31-01-2005, 01:53
That is beautiful!! I think I need one of those ( would go with my hair...lol)

amyel
31-01-2005, 10:40
I have one of these in a pendent...beautiful. The place I bought it at said he'd never seen a seperate meaning for the stone, and most people assigned the same properties as Tiger's Eye.

Anyhow, lovely stone. It's the only form of Tiger's Eye I own.

Edited to add: the store said that sometimes, it is refrred to as Ox Eye. You might want to try this term on a google search (I haven't).

feticeira
31-01-2005, 15:59
Well so far I love it, so I`d tell you to definitely go get one Majecot!
Hi amyel, I did try Ox Eye on google but less results came back than with Bullīs Eye.