Cayenne

Majecot

I have been doing a little research lately on digestive aids and I was surpirsed at this one.
I have know for years that Cayenne Pepper was good for relief of headaches and that is is a boost to your metabolism. But that is aids in the digestive process was a bit of a surprise.

From my Natural & Medicinal Cures I found this:
Cayenne May help
~Aid digestion
~Ease muscle paine
~Relieve cluster headaches
~Reduce arthritis pain
~Lower cholesterol
~Fight shingles pain
~Prevent heart disease
~Treat diabetic foot pain

I was actually speaking to my doctor today about eating spicy foods, which he said was not the problem in my case ( and I told him spicey stuff does not bother me), it isn't the spice that causes acid flux but the fat and protiens that isn't being broken down properly and causing too much acid. Happy me I can tell you because I love my spicy foods :D ( He did caution me about over doing it though)
My book recommends capsules for digestive problems, but it also said to add to your food to improve your system. So we can spice it up, just make sure you was your hands after using any peppers :)

stella01904

MM ~ In my current area the local supermarket sells a cayenne-impregnated sheet of paper with an image of the Virgin of Guadalupe on it, for muscle aches, arthritis, etc. But I prefer Tiger Balm. ;) BB, Stella

Tarotphelia

Luckily , cayenne comes in capsules or I probably wouldn't be able to stand it eating it . I take it to help with arthritis , and it does work very well for digestion too. I also suspect it kills lots of germs in the intenstines.

Mayet

I make a great tincture of golden feverfew and swamp pennywort for athritis that also doubles as a great headache cure. The next batch I make I will add some cayenne to the mix...next problem how to get it fit for human consumption taste wise....

I was also recently told that tomatoes and grapefuit help break up fat cells and aid digestion.