PDA

View Full Version : MIRC Problems

Major Tom
04-02-2005, 00:17
Since I got broadband, I've been unable to connect to the oz.org servers via mIRC. I realise broadband means I connect to the internet in a different way from dial-up. Is there something I can do that will allow me back into the chat room?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

tmgrl2
04-02-2005, 01:18
I had some trouble with mIRC when I downloaded it at first.

I have cable modem and have had it...

I kept e-mailing the site and then the man who created mIRC....finally, we got the problem resolved and I got in, but I can't remember what we did. It mostly had to do with registration and fact that I had paid and registered, but it kept saying I wasn't registered.

The company you have broadband with will probably be great with helping. When I first got cable modem our Cablevision company was marvelous with any issues I had.

Now, I'm just happy to have the speed!

terri

Good luck!

contradiction
04-02-2005, 01:59
don't know if this will help or not, but i often use two different browsers, both on the same dialup, there are some sites, i can not access from the new browser, because of "cookie" conflicts. i am not sure how to correct the problem, but since both are on the same dialup, and same isp, i was able to access one site, with the old browser, then copy the address, with user id included, then past this in the new browser address bar, now if i use a different browser than i used the last time i just have to sign back in. but this only worked with one site. not the others.

tmgrl2
04-02-2005, 03:09
mIRC, though, is a "free-standing" program...I leave the icon on my desktop...it connects directly to the oz server from your computer....not through your browser.

Sometimes, a firewall setting for the computer, though, or other security program settings, may interfere with connecting.

terri

WolfSpirit
08-02-2005, 17:24
I had some trouble with mIRC when I downloaded it at first.

I have cable modem and have had it...

I kept e-mailing the site and then the man who created mIRC....finally, we got the problem resolved and I got in, but I can't remember what we did. It mostly had to do with registration and fact that I had paid and registered, but it kept saying I wasn't registered.

terri, what is the best way to email them, what is their email addy ?
I registered a few days ago and all I got was the automated response, but they say not to answer to that. I did not get the other email they say they send within 24 hrs.

WolfSpirit
08-02-2005, 20:53
OK got it now :D
It was my own mistake. When I first used mIRC in the free trial period I was weary of entering my real name, so they could not register me properly.
Let's see if it will work now.