PDA

View Full Version : Colloidal Silver (drops) for ear infections

DollieAnna
05-02-2005, 12:26
What do you know? I have slight fluid in the left ear and the right ear is (The nurse at my job had a look) slightly swollen and red.
I hate the doctor's office unless I am deathly ill. I am trying this tonight.

Any tips?
Thanks, Dolly.

Grigori
05-02-2005, 17:00
The risk with ear infections is the ear drum may be damaged/burst. A GP will probably put you on anti-biotics to avoid that (although the evidence that this makes any difference is pretty slim-nil).

If you have a nurse who can keep an eye on it that's good. You could also consider seeing a GP, even if you decide not to take whatever they suggest they can still keep an eye on you.

Colloidal silver is a bit over-used in my opinion.

You could also look at warmed mullein oil or garlic oil drops. As with colloidal silver if you have ruptured ear drums you shouldn't put anything on it.

Stregaverde
05-02-2005, 17:22
Another vote for mullien and/or garlic oil. This is not the undiluted essential oil, I'm talking about an infused oil.

Mountain Rose Herbs carries an Ear Drop Oil made by Wise Woman Herbals (Susun Weed's company). Here's the link: http://www.mountainroseherbs.com/oils/herbal.php
I recommend Mountain Rose highly, that's where I get 90% of my supplies in the US.

Simone
05-02-2005, 18:50
Hildegard von Bingen suggested the smoke of frankincense (Olibanum album) for ear problems.

Let it enter your ailing ear, but not too often...

Just thought of this while reading the thread, so I thought I would mention it.

Get well soon

Love
Simone

DollieAnna
05-02-2005, 22:26
Thank you everyone for your replies.
I have never used Colloidal silver...GP's here in the US seem to go straight to antibiotics. I am a "natural kinda" gal and like to go the homeopathic route first. It's interesting that all my replies came fron outside the US. (not that I don't love my country, I do) but it seems that homeopathic is farther ahead outside of here. I take Vitex (Chaste berries) for my irregular monthly instead of "The pill" and man it works wonders.I am regular.
Back to the ears...Luckily I don't have a busted eardrum from this infectio, but thanks for the warning, the nurse said the infection was slight. But what I have noticed this morning is that I am getting much more drainage out of the ears (into the nose, blowing gently)
I am going to look up the other site and oils I was given.
BTW, Homeopathically, I was able to fix my Ulcer (over the US elections, no less ;)) and it hasn't been back.
Thank you all.

Grigori
06-02-2005, 00:54
If you have a homeopathic first aid kit on hand there are several remedies you could consider also.

Chamomilla, Belladonna, Ferrum-Phos, Hepar Sulph, Merc and Pulsatilla are often indicated. Of course you'll need a good first aid book to help you differentiate between them.

Feel better.

Stregaverde
06-02-2005, 03:06
DollieAnna, I'm an American living in Italy, and it's true, homeopathic and natural remedies are far more commonly used here. In Italy, there are as many erboristerie (herb/natural shops) as there are drugstores! It's wonderful!

I can't recommend Mountain Rose enough--their products are very high quality, their commitment to sustainable and organic agriculture is tremendous, and their prices and customer service are great! And no, I don't know anyone who works there. :D I just buy from them a lot!

If you're looking into herbalism (herbs specifically, not naturopathy in general) I strongly recommend the book Family Herbal by Rosemary Gladstar. It's phenomenal, very complete, and easy to understand.

Feel better soon!!

DollieAnna
06-02-2005, 03:09
Thanks to all. I'll be on later for some specifics. going to visit the parents.

DollieAnna
06-02-2005, 23:18
OK, after 48 hours of Silver, ears feel better. Using the silver cuz that's all I had.
Where would I get this herbal first aid kit. In my house, among other things I have Aloe Vera Juice for Ulcers and stomach aches, and DGL Licorice tabs to prevent stomach aches and Ulcers.
I have CHamomile tea for calming down but that is useless.

Grigori
07-02-2005, 02:10
mmm Can't tell what country your from, but I guessing the US by the Superbowl comment.

I don't know the pharmacies there but found this link on google
http://homeopathyworld.com/complaints.htm

There's heaps of pharmacies online, especially in Europe. I'm not sure what the rules are in the US about supply of products to lay people though. The bigger health food shops will probably have homeopathic first-aid kits. You can get them with around 20 remedies, and they typically come with a small book, describing which ones are suitable in what circumstances.

DollieAnna
07-02-2005, 03:20
Thank you. Yes, I'm in the US, (hoping for an Eagles win, cuz they are a local team, Pats are not ;) )

I have my little local "red barn natural foods" shop. We all know each other by name I will check with them next time I am in.
Thanks you so much.

DollieAnna
08-02-2005, 10:44
Well, Dolly as gotten very ill and now HAS TO go to an MD. Poop.
I don't know what I did wrong.

Majecot
11-02-2005, 09:29
((Dolly))

My personal favorite for earaches or imbalance is candling. My daughter has always had problems with her ears and we find that using ear candles is extremely helpful in releaving the pressure and removing debris (including infection)

DollieAnna
11-02-2005, 10:25
Do you put a candle in the ear?

Grigori
11-02-2005, 11:22
Do you put a candle in the ear?

Ha ha ha, I'm picturing you thinking in horror "why on earth would someone shove a big old candle in their ear?"

There are special ear candles, that are hollow down the centre. Its a traditional treatment for many ear problems. The candles cause a gentle suction as they burn, and their often impregnated with herbs so the smoke settles down into the ear canal.

If you try them, make sure you get a well made brand. The cheap ones can drop ash on your ear (!). The good ones are very safe however, and feel nice as you use them.

Found this link with pictures for the curious.
http://www.lynnehancher.co.uk/aaahop.htm

DollieAnna
11-02-2005, 11:35
Ha ha ha, I'm picturing you thinking in horror "why on earth would someone shove a big old candle in their ear?"

There are special ear candles, that are hollow down the centre. Its a traditional treatment for many ear problems. The candles cause a gentle suction as they burn, and their often impregnated with herbs so the smoke settles down into the ear canal.

If you try them, make sure you get a well made brand. The cheap ones can drop ash on your ear (!). The good ones are very safe however, and feel nice as you use them.

Found this link with pictures for the curious.
http://www.lynnehancher.co.uk/aaahop.htm

actually now that I think about it it does sound funny cuz I was thinking of those twirly little birthday candles.
Thank you both.

Majecot
11-02-2005, 11:57
I chuckled as I read this,(picturing the birthday candle) I am sorry DollieannaI just assumed everyone in the world would know what an ear candle is...at least in our world.
I have been using them for about 12 years so it never occured to me you would not know.

You can actually buy them now in a GNC (health food store) but the are rediculeously expensive. something like $15 for TWO!! I buy mine off the internet and it usually cost me about a dollar each. Worth the time spent surfing :)