Colloidal Silver (drops) for ear infections

DollieAnna

What do you know? I have slight fluid in the left ear and the right ear is (The nurse at my job had a look) slightly swollen and red.
I hate the doctor's office unless I am deathly ill. I am trying this tonight.

Any tips?
Thanks, Dolly.

Grigori

The risk with ear infections is the ear drum may be damaged/burst. A GP will probably put you on anti-biotics to avoid that (although the evidence that this makes any difference is pretty slim-nil).

If you have a nurse who can keep an eye on it that's good. You could also consider seeing a GP, even if you decide not to take whatever they suggest they can still keep an eye on you.

Colloidal silver is a bit over-used in my opinion.

You could also look at warmed mullein oil or garlic oil drops. As with colloidal silver if you have ruptured ear drums you shouldn't put anything on it.

Stregaverde

Another vote for mullien and/or garlic oil. This is not the undiluted essential oil, I'm talking about an infused oil.

Mountain Rose Herbs carries an Ear Drop Oil made by Wise Woman Herbals (Susun Weed's company). Here's the link: http://www.mountainroseherbs.com/oils/herbal.php
I recommend Mountain Rose highly, that's where I get 90% of my supplies in the US.

Simone

Hildegard von Bingen suggested the smoke of frankincense (Olibanum album) for ear problems.

Let it enter your ailing ear, but not too often...

Just thought of this while reading the thread, so I thought I would mention it.

Get well soon

Love
Simone

DollieAnna

please pardon typos it's early

Thank you everyone for your replies.
I have never used Colloidal silver...GP's here in the US seem to go straight to antibiotics. I am a "natural kinda" gal and like to go the homeopathic route first. It's interesting that all my replies came fron outside the US. (not that I don't love my country, I do) but it seems that homeopathic is farther ahead outside of here. I take Vitex (Chaste berries) for my irregular monthly instead of "The pill" and man it works wonders.I am regular.
Back to the ears...Luckily I don't have a busted eardrum from this infectio, but thanks for the warning, the nurse said the infection was slight. But what I have noticed this morning is that I am getting much more drainage out of the ears (into the nose, blowing gently)
I am going to look up the other site and oils I was given.
BTW, Homeopathically, I was able to fix my Ulcer (over the US elections, no less ;)) and it hasn't been back.
Thank you all.

Grigori

If you have a homeopathic first aid kit on hand there are several remedies you could consider also.

Chamomilla, Belladonna, Ferrum-Phos, Hepar Sulph, Merc and Pulsatilla are often indicated. Of course you'll need a good first aid book to help you differentiate between them.

Feel better.

Stregaverde

DollieAnna, I'm an American living in Italy, and it's true, homeopathic and natural remedies are far more commonly used here. In Italy, there are as many erboristerie (herb/natural shops) as there are drugstores! It's wonderful!

I can't recommend Mountain Rose enough--their products are very high quality, their commitment to sustainable and organic agriculture is tremendous, and their prices and customer service are great! And no, I don't know anyone who works there. :D I just buy from them a lot!

If you're looking into herbalism (herbs specifically, not naturopathy in general) I strongly recommend the book Family Herbal by Rosemary Gladstar. It's phenomenal, very complete, and easy to understand.

Feel better soon!!

DollieAnna

Thanks to all. I'll be on later for some specifics. going to visit the parents.

DollieAnna

OK, after 48 hours of Silver, ears feel better. Using the silver cuz that's all I had.
Where would I get this herbal first aid kit. In my house, among other things I have Aloe Vera Juice for Ulcers and stomach aches, and DGL Licorice tabs to prevent stomach aches and Ulcers.
I have CHamomile tea for calming down but that is useless.

Grigori

mmm Can't tell what country your from, but I guessing the US by the Superbowl comment.

I don't know the pharmacies there but found this link on google
http://homeopathyworld.com/complaints.htm

There's heaps of pharmacies online, especially in Europe. I'm not sure what the rules are in the US about supply of products to lay people though. The bigger health food shops will probably have homeopathic first-aid kits. You can get them with around 20 remedies, and they typically come with a small book, describing which ones are suitable in what circumstances.