PDA

View Full Version : Let's Marseilles Forum....

TemperanceAngel
08-02-2005, 13:58
We used to have great discussions in that Forum and I wonder why we are only allowed to post readings and not discussions as well?

It seems I would then have to post a thread relating to the Let's Marseilles Forum in Talking Tarot or Using Tarot Cards.

I thought when the Forum was set up it was to put all the readings and discussion in one area?

Maybe I am confused, wouldn't surprise me :D

So my suggestion is this: can we also have discussions about the cards/readings etc in the same Forum? It makes it a much better way to learn. The Forum is feeling very stagnant at the moment.....

Rusty Neon
08-02-2005, 14:23
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=35396

TemperanceAngel
08-02-2005, 14:39
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=35396
Thanks Rusty I have read that, that is why I made the suggestion as it seems that there is not the interaction in the Forum like there used to be.

I for one really enjoyed the discussions about the readings etc. :)

Fulgour
08-02-2005, 17:48
Is there an Australian equivalent for Jerry Springer,
or someone as shamelessly irresponsible as Geraldo?

What was happening before in the name of discussion
was little more than personality promotion for ratings.

Many have chosen to avoid "Let's Marseille!" because
instead of focusing on readings, it got to be rantings.

Fulgour
09-02-2005, 05:32
I for one really enjoyed the discussions about the readings etc.It may be here that when a reading is posted
there ought to be a clear statement that all
comments are welcome, by anyone from the
general Aeclectic Tarot Forum Community. :)

Rusty Neon
09-02-2005, 09:31
It seems I would then have to post a thread relating to the Let's Marseilles Forum in Talking Tarot or Using Tarot Cards.

... or oftentimes in the Marseilles and Other Early Tarot Decks forum, which is the study forum specified by Solandia for the Marseilles deck. As I understand it, the Let's Marseilles subforum was intended for reading circles using the Marseilles deck under the Let's Marseilles caption and wasn't intended to supplant this general role of the Marseilles and Other Early Tarot Decks forum. The posting of discussion threads in the Marseilles and Other Early Tarot Decks forum encourages participation and input by the larger ATF community interested in the Marseilles deck and helps to ensure a wider breadth and range of responses. :) Not everyone in the larger ATF TdM community always has the time and energy to read through posted readings to look for such discussions.

Just my two pence. :)

TemperanceAngel
09-02-2005, 10:03
Good points Rusty, I hear you and agree with you somewhat. But would still love to discuss pertaining to the Let's Marseilles in that Forum. I feel that the Marseilles etc. Forums discussions are very different in nature to the Let's Marseilles Forum.

On saying all this, maybe it would be a great idea to move the Let's Marseilles into the Historical area where it could connect with the Marseilles discussions there?

Just a thought :) Thanks for your comments Rusty and Fulgour, it's always interesting to hear others peoples thoughts and ideas.

Fulgour
10-02-2005, 02:40
On saying all this, maybe it would be a great idea to move the Let's Marseilles into the Historical area where it could connect with the Marseilles discussions there?Thanks, TemperanceAngel. Let us know, please?

?) Aeclectic Tarot Forum - Historical Research
http://www.tarotforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=78

OR

?) Aeclectic Tarot Forum - Crystals & Herbs
http://www.tarotforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=49

TemperanceAngel
10-02-2005, 06:06
Sorry Fulgour, I think I don't understand your post, can you please explain?
Re: crystals and herbs?

Back to the thread: when I started this I was obviously rambling, but posted here to hear others thoughts....which have been interesting so far.

As Let's Marseilles! Forum is new and there is a lot of learning going on there it would be great to discuss such things in the same forum....I think that, that is an important part of any learning.

I am doing a double degree and in our lectures thay are open to questions and discussions. It's a great way to learn and keep the brain stimulated. Otherwise we would sit there for three hours and not be able to absorb much at all.

I hope that makes sense and connects in with what I am trying to get across about the Let's Marseilles! Forum? It is the Suggestions area after all, I think it is also a great brain storming area too :)

Moongold
10-02-2005, 06:58
One of the most practical ways to learn is by doing. People learn to read by actually doing readings. I really like that way of learning. It has always been quite difficult to get others involved in commenting on other people's readings, even non-Marseille readings. It simply seems to be something that people prefer not to do.

TA, I think there are plenty of opportunities for people to get creative learning opportunities in the Marseilles. Each forum is just a click away.

To actually get readings going all the time would be the ideal. Even just once a month to have a Marseille reading experience of some kind occurring would be good. And that is up to the energy of individuals. I have just started something different in Let's Marseille if people would like to have a look.

Some of the best learning for me has occurred in the discussion threads which JMD commenced. VII Chariot......How may it be read? They are simply great but I'm a bit out of energy at the moment. The Marseilles requires quite a lot of reflection and meditation. I do plan to go back. It doesn't hurt to pose some challenging questions to brighten things up a bit in those threads.

The sort of thing I think you are suggesting, TA, is more like a study thread but from memory that idea was knocked on the head in the early stages of the discussion about this.

My own opinion is that whatever is commenced will require ongoing commitment and energy from those involved. Maria has done a fantastic job in organizing the energy readings. Fulgour is always there with sharp and often funny contributions. We just need a few more.

Even a study group will die without this special commitment. There is much material about the Marseille available on Aeclectic. You can spend hours ploughing through it all.

I would like to see some Marseilles readers take the plunge and offer readings to other Aeclectic members through the Let's Marseile Forum. That would spice things up a bit. TA - you are a great reader. Why not start doing that? I would take you up on such an offer immediately.

TemperanceAngel
10-02-2005, 09:37
Hmmm....maybe I am not being clear: I don't want the Marseilles readings to stop, just allow a new element to them where there can be discussions about the readings in the Forum...

EXAMPLEs: I start a thread something like this: What do people think about my energy reading for February? (Devil + Six of Pents Rx)

How are Let's Marseilles! newcomers feeling about their readings?

What's been your fave exchange thus far?

That's what I am talking about :)

TemperanceAngel
10-02-2005, 09:39
I would like to see some Marseilles readers take the plunge and offer readings to other Aeclectic members through the Let's Marseile Forum. That would spice things up a bit. TA - you are a great reader. Why not start doing that? I would take you up on such an offer immediately.

Moongold that is a great idea: personally for me I have my Housewives Tarot Readings going on and also I read for a living, sometimes it's nice for me to not be reading when I am relaxing on AT.....

Moongold
10-02-2005, 10:11
Hmmm....maybe I am not being clear: I don't want the Marseilles readings to stop, just allow a new element to them where there can be discussions about the readings in the Forum...

EXAMPLEs: I start a thread something like this: What do people think about my energy reading for February? (Devil + Six of Pents Rx)

How are Let's Marseilles! newcomers feeling about their readings?

What's been your fave exchange thus far?

That's what I am talking about :)

Hi TA ~

We can already do that to some extent through the "Thrash and Thresh" threads which Diana started. There was one for Eco74 and one that Helvetica did. You can see them in the Let's Marseilles threads.

These threads provide a wide scope for discussion. But probably not chat type things: What is your fave exchange ..... type question. Still, those threads were fun and, like the Marseilles How do you read...........? type threads allow a lot of far-ranging discussion. :)

Alta
11-02-2005, 12:08
Hi TA,
Sorry, I just saw this thread. I also find myself torn about this and very sorry to see the interest in the LM Forum growing less. Do you have specific suggestions about kinds of threads? I think the idea is that the Forum should not take away from discussions in main Marseilles (historical) Forum. I think I understand you to say that you wanted threads about readings and about reading tiself. That sounds fine to me. To make it into the Marseilles Forum Pt 2 would likely get objections, but I would be willing to see some threads like that. Your further thoughts? Marion

Diana
11-02-2005, 21:57
Is there an Australian equivalent for Jerry Springer,
or someone as shamelessly irresponsible as Geraldo?

What was happening before in the name of discussion
was little more than personality promotion for ratings.

Many have chosen to avoid "Let's Marseille!" because
instead of focusing on readings, it got to be rantings.

I would like for Fulgour to expand on this a bit more. Perhaps he could give specific examples of "rantings", "personality promotions for ratings" (I'm not sure exactly what this means, perhaps he could re-phrase it) and "Jerry Springer". (I don't know who Geraldo is, perhaps he could explain as well.)

Thank you in advance.

----------------------------------

It's when the Let's Marseilles group was transformed into a carbon copy of the ordinary Reading Exchange, that it lost its Essence. Rules were made which prevented discussing the forum itself and how it was evolving. People got confused as to what they were allowed to post and what they weren't allowed to post. That is one of the several reasons why people are losing interest in it.

We got cut off from our roots. We are expected to grow without roots. That's not possible. All plants need to be trimmed, pruned, watered, fertilised, etc. etc. Water is not sufficient for a plant to grow. Sometimes it needs to be re-potted.

It is no longer a School for learning. It's just a place to practice readings. We didn't need a separate forum for this. We can do these readings in the Reading Exchange quite happily. Circle of Stones, and Let's Marseilles and any other readings that take place in the Reading Exchange - it's the same thing now just different ingredients. There's nothing special about the Let's Marseilles group anymore. No more specificity that requires it to have a separate forum.

Now, of course, if we were allowed more freedom, and if that would create a problem (I don't see one personally, but let's imagine there is one) with the threads not being in the Historical section, well just move the forum over to the Historical section and hey presto, the problem is solved.

It's absurd to have to discuss the Let's Marseilles group in the Suggestions forum, and not in the actual forum it is concerned about. I once put a thread in Using Tarot Cards about it.

It's a School no longer. It could still be salvaged, but I have serious doubts as to whether people are interested in a school, and such a forum would require DISCUSSION and possibly, even debates and who knows, maybe even an argument from time to time (gasp!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: ).

Nina*
12-02-2005, 02:04
Well...

Reading with the RWS (AND studying it) I also have to jump between a lot of different forums. I never saw it as a problem, but perhaps you're right (that it would be a lot easier to have it all in the same forum)... :)

Rusty Neon
12-02-2005, 02:18
Well...

Reading with the RWS (AND studying it) I also have to jump between a lot of different forums. I never saw it as a problem, but perhaps you're right (that it would be a lot easier to have it all in the same forum)... :)

Indeed, whatever is done with Marseilles should be done for RWS too.

TemperanceAngel
13-02-2005, 21:56
Hi TA,
Sorry, I just saw this thread. I also find myself torn about this and very sorry to see the interest in the LM Forum growing less. Do you have specific suggestions about kinds of threads? I think the idea is that the Forum should not take away from discussions in main Marseilles (historical) Forum. I think I understand you to say that you wanted threads about readings and about reading tiself. That sounds fine to me. To make it into the Marseilles Forum Pt 2 would likely get objections, but I would be willing to see some threads like that. Your further thoughts? Marion
Hi Marion and thank you for your response....
I had to quote your whole piece as there is nothing that I want to leave out :) Basically I would love that we could have threads about the readings...as I stated I would love to start a thread about my energy reading for February OR to see how everyone is feeling thus far or what kinda things do you want to happen in the Let's Mareseille's! Forum....as in readings etc. These are not historical discussion, they are purely linked to the Forum :)

Thanks again for listening :D

TemperanceAngel
14-02-2005, 13:24
Well...

The Let's Marseilles became a sub-forum because it was clogging up Readings Exchange and because people requested it.

If someone starts up the Let's RWS! then perhaps the same may happen ;)

Fulgour
14-02-2005, 13:44
Can you please offer an instance where someone complained
that the "Let's Marseille!" (note spelling please) readings were
clogging up the Reading Exchange? I never heard this before.

:)

You are correct though in saying people requested a sub forum
be added to the Reading exchange specifically for TdM readings.
Also please note, a sub forum, and not a "School" was created.

TemperanceAngel
14-02-2005, 15:24
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=32768&page=1&pp=10

This is the thread here that I was refering too, cloging up was a term I cioned myself for what ohters were refering to as having all the Let's Marseilles readings together so it would be easier to find them all...

Diana
14-02-2005, 17:27
One person publically mentioned that the Lets Marseilles readings were cluttering up the sub-forum and there was also private correspondence on this. I heard of it through a friend who agreed with people who were grumbling quietly and asked me in a friendly manner when we were going to get our own sub-forum. :)

Indeed, a School was not created. The impulse of a School was there, it was very strong and it was part of the original Inspiration, but by turning the Let's Marseilles group into a normal reading exchange with the rules that were imposed on it, that aspect was not retained by the people who organised the sub-forum, so in my opinion there is no need to continue having a separate sub-forum. The Reading Exchange is sufficient and I don't think it will clutter it up any more than the present readings and circles clutter it up. The more the merrier. People will get used to having Marseilles readings done there, as they have got used to seeing the other more traditional readings done there.

Moongold
14-02-2005, 18:15
I think we could have some really interesting and enjoyable reading experiences and discussions like the current one on PLato's view of death in the "Let's Marseille" sub forum.

This discussion is different from typical Reading Exchange Threads and also a little different from Your Readings. Yet it has tremendous potential as a learning process and something really enjoyable.

Where would it fit in the current forum framework if the Marseilles Sub-Forum was subsumed into the Exchange again?

I see this technique as a wonderful way to learn and use the Marseille. It possibly could go into the Forum "Marseilles and other Early Decks (have forgotten the right name) but I wonder whether JMD would agree.

Would it be possible to revisit the idea of a study group in the study group forums where we could do readings, discussions and other innovative things? Or is the whole thread named earlier a kind of big Marseille Study Group any way?.

*Shrugs* As long as there is some flexibility and some openness to different approaches in using the cards.

Solandia
15-02-2005, 09:37
Originally the Let's Marseille! sub-forum was opened on a trial basis for reading exchanges based on the Marseilles deck. As actual activity in the group has waned significantly, the threads are going to be folded back into Reading Exchange in the next few days.

Thanks to everyone who participated.

~ Solandia