Have a crystal that needs to be cleaned, there's one catch...

leealanspangler

The catch is that it's a 65 pound ball of calcite. I purchased it from a store I used to work in. I was only slightly aware of it's metaphysical properties, but when I researched it, i realised how important it is to have around me right now, because I have to make some very drastic changes. The power it can provide me when I meditate would be trmemndous, and such a power is important for me, I have a lot of work to do :) Not only all that, but it's been in that store for about 4 years, it deserves to be cleaned. I've researched cleaning the crystal, I've heard therapeutic grade frankincense oil, salt (though it can erase the crystals memory), a variety of things. I keep it in the window so it can at least absorb some sun and moonlight. So then, anybody have any suggestions? I can meditate and clear it as much as I can that way, but 65 pounds is a lot of energy to clear, especially after it's been in a retail environment for the past 4-5 years.

I'm open to suggestions, so bury me with them.

Tarotphelia

That is BIG !! Lucky you !!

There are some very nice crystal bowl tone cds you could try ,(Crystal Voices) or Tibetan temple bells. It may have actually picked up nice energy from the store, if it was a place that felt good .

Moonbow

I have never cleansed a crystal that big, but...... does size matter? :)

I think I would start by doing something fairly simple like incense, and to my mind Nag Champa is still the best. How about puting it outside during a full moon too?

It really does sound wonderful, what colour calcite is it?

leealanspangler

More Crystal info

Like I said, it's about 65 pounds. Let me tell you, getting it from the store and to the third floor of the apartment complex I live on was... quite a task... It's clear calcite, or white, whatever classification it has. It has some minor abrasions and what not to it. Fairly bad cracks in the interior. It was in a store called Earthbound Trading Company, they import things from various places in the world. It was actually my most enjoyed working experience, however, some management problems over the years and a staff that isn't really ever there for that long, I'm sure has tampered with the energy of the ball. The store was fairly busy, so the constant energies around it couldn't have been all that good for it. And, since it was in a mall, it got no natural light of any kind. I've done some minor cleaning with it, talked to it, left it in a little sea salt, and it has cleared up quite noticeably, but I know it can get clearer, and much stronger. It's original retail value was nearly 1200, I got it for around 130. I had vowed to buy it when I started working there, and it took me 10 months, but I finally got it :)

Moonbow

Hi lee

I just noticed this is your first post, welcome to Aeclectic.

Why not post a little about yourself in 'New Members'.

Moonbow*

Forgot to say... on the practical side, if it's dusty and grimey, I have heard that a small paintbrush and distilled water is the best, but I'm not an expert on this, I only have little crystals. :)

Stregaverde

There is a flower essence blend (for external use only!) called Crystal Clear, it's put out by Petaltone Essences in Britain. It has to be available somewhere in the US. A few drops in spring water in a mister, and away you go! I've used it to cleanse my crystals and also to do space clearing.

Found it! Here's a link:
http://www.brightalternative.com/essences.html#1

You might want to give it a try. What a great bargain--that crystal was meant to be with you!

spirit

Cleansing

I usually 'restore' my crsytals by runing them under a natural spring water stream then leaving them under a full moon - But good luck with a ball that size.

Spirit

Kyrielle

Singing bowls were mentioned earlier. I have used mine to clear space and get stale energy moving. Surely they could have some sort of effect on a calcite sphere...

Try playing it some Bach, or some chant. Or metal, if it would like that better.

The sunlight and moonlight sound like a good idea, too. You could try mixing a few drops of some purifying essential oils (cedar, juniper, pine, sage, lemon...) with water in a spray bottle and spritzing it, then let it dry in the sun or moonlight.

Or smudge it.

I sometimes set stones on quartz clusters to be cleared, but your sphere is so LARGE...maybe you could program many crystal points to lend energy and point the terminations at it. But I don't know how feasible that would be, because it seems like it would take not only many points, but many large points.

Or ask the Lord and Lady (or Whomever your deity of choice is) to intervene.

Hope that kick-starts your imagination.

Kyrielle

The Doc

cleansing

humans have natral power to purify objects, even stones. you join with the crystal and remove any energys you do not want in the crystal. A crystal that , depending on you ablitiy may take some time, crystals absorbe alot of energy, and bigger are harder to cleanse this way for some. could burn some sulfer to purify but stinks like heck.OPENS WINDOWS TO DO THAT

The Doc.

Eco74

I'd probably pour water with salt over it once a day or so over a period of time, leaving it so the sun/moon could lend light to it while it absorbed the energies of its new home.

Maybe using a cotton or silk-cloth to clean it, dipped in saltwater or an oil-mixture with essencial oils that you feel are cleansing an in tune with the energies you would like to enhance in the stone.

And I'd have it placed on a fabric that is calming all the while..

This is a pretty big crystal though. I'm both a bit envious and in awe.