Is too much Virgo a bad thing? :)

timbo

Hi there,

I was told by a friend (after we looked at my birth chart) that I have alot of my
personal planets (Mercury,Mars,Venus) in Virgo in the 1st house including my Ascendant and with the moon opposite in Pisces they said that thats why Im not a typical Leo. I would love to know more about these things in astrology. I really think If I can learn more about myself from this then it can only be a good thing and It would really help me to understand why I can be like I am sometimes or why I react in certain ways, especially with relationships which, in the end, always involve terrible heartache for me. I hope someone can show me some things about myself which might help me. I was also told that Saturn is the lesson we need to learn, this sounds really important!! what should I know about this part of my chart? Saturn in Leo in the 12th house. I hope its not too much to ask for some guidance or advice, I really appreciate any thats given.
Many many thanks

love
Tim

I have my d.o.b here: 12/08/1976 07:05am GMT (British summertime) Cambridge,uk

dadsnook2000

You can't get there frome here.

There is an old country saying (from the state of Maine in the US): "You can't get there from here, you have to go somewhere else first." Astrology is like that. You ask a question, you get an answer. That leads to more. That leads to confusion. Unless you seek a reading from an astrologer, it is better to first study and learn about astrology in general. Then, your questions and their answers can be better appreciated.

This may sound like I'm putting you off, but I'm not. You need to go part way toward your goal before good questions and good answers will be of help. Dave.

timbo

dadsnook2000 said:
There is an old country saying (from the state of Maine in the US): "You can't get there from here, you have to go somewhere else first." Astrology is like that. You ask a question, you get an answer. That leads to more. That leads to confusion. Unless you seek a reading from an astrologer, it is better to first study and learn about astrology in general. Then, your questions and their answers can be better appreciated.

This may sound like I'm putting you off, but I'm not. You need to go part way toward your goal before good questions and good answers will be of help. Dave.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Perhaps I should mention that I do have a rudimentry undrstanding and have had always had an interest in Astrology and I've been looking into and learning many aspects of this science since I had a greater understanding of myself. I just would like a simple interpretation of certain aspects of my chart to help me on the road to greater understanding. I can assure you any responses I get from you guys would not be taken in confusion, I was just hoping to open up avenues of self understanding that have not been accessable before. I think maybe the title of my post gave you the wrong impression of me. How much astrology does one need to know before good questions and good answers will be of help? Yes, you ask a question and you get an answer and obviousley that will lead to more questions but isn't that a good thing? Its how we learn and grow, thats all Im after....some answers to give me more questions. Please can someone help.

Blessings

Tim

Rosanne

Hi Tim- I am a many times Virgo Heirophant, I have little knowledge of Astrology...but I really understand your quest!! Good luck and success in your search for understanding. Regards Rosanne (as I go I quickly scan my CD's to see they are in perfect alphabetical order)

huredriel

Hi timbo,

You sound quite similar to me. I think I have a lot of virgo too as well as being a Leo but can't get my birth time so I guess I won't ever really know for sure. Good luck with this.

x Huredriel

timbo

Its lovely to hear messages of support in my quest for a deeper understanding of my place and role here on earth and I thank you for them.

I've researched into some aspects of my chart and come up with some very helpful insights. Pisces moon explains a lot of things :) .....though i wish to know the significance of the Pisces moon being opposite my personal planets in Virgo? How would the moon influence them in this way or vice versa? as I understand opposites can be significant in a chart? And whats with the moon in the 7th house? Is this why my love relationships are so meaningful and important to me? I see with my Leo sun being in the 12th house along with Saturn that these aspects may remain hidden from me? Its true I think that I can only really be myself with people who I trust and love, but even then I feel somewhat detached, Its like I want people to know the real me but I seem to have great difficulty in letting that side of me be shown, Its frustrating to say the least...perhaps its an issue of insecurity or lack a of self worth.

I have learned so much already.....but theres still more to know

Kind regards

Tim

dadsnook2000

A review of some basics

Timbo, I've looked at your chart and, yes, you have Mercury, Venus, Mars in the first house; busy, active, inquisitive, all mixed in with that Virgo stuff like picky, discriminating, methodical --- how does "methodical" go with busy, active and inquisitive? Oh, well. What strikes me most is the T-Square of Moon-Mercury to Neptune -- T-Squares tend to be "drivers" of development and personality. This combination, by itself, suggests an active imagination, great creativity and the need to seperate thoughts and perceptions from feelings and emotional triggers. You may tend to see things the way you would like them to be and need a reality check from time to time.

Fortunately, your strongly aspected (read as integrated) chart furnishes a trine from Neptune to Saturn, making your reality checks fruitful and gentle. The Venus-square-Jupiter (ASC to MC) should help your personality achieve recognition -- but will that be due to personality or substantive contributions? It looks like you can work hard to achieve things but you may need constant motivation or enducement (Mars trines MC and opposes Moon.

If you wanted to prioritize those things that would help you better understand your chart I'd concentrate on planets and aspectual relationships first, houses next and signs last -- that's because the chart is strongly inter-aspected and Moon, Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter and Neptune are all angular. Good luck. Dave

timbo

Thanks very much for your insight, Im thankful for the time you have taken to respond. It does provide me with some clues into my personality and also I can see quite clearly some of the things you talk about in myself. For example: I am an artist and love to create but I find motivation for this to be very difficult to come by, Its almost like I feel I need constant inspiration to maintain myself within this method of self expression. Or If Im doing something for someone else I find it a greater motivation to be working for there recognition and gratification rather than for any personal reward....though my reward is to see them happy and receive praise or congratulaions, and anything I learnt in the process is an added bonus :)

The aspect that you mention between moon,mercury and neptune is very interesting to me. I would be keen to know more of the dynamics of this aspect. Its something that you said which strikes a chord inside...
".....the need to seperate thoughts and perceptions from feelings and emotional triggers" Perhaps you might be able to expand on this for me? I want to be absolutely sure I understand you correctly, Is it something which I may be inclined to do? though may not necessarily be able to fully acheive?

I know one element of myself is the way in which I view certain relationships in my life, I think I may tend to put people up on a pedestal when I fall in love. I may also read too much into others feelings for me, and then when I learn the truth I usually cause myself much heartache or punish myself for being like I am. I know these are life lessons for which I am learning a little something from everytime but I can't help but feel these experiences seem to repeat themselves. I want to break out of this cycle, I want to understand myself and work with these parts of my being.

Well......I have faith that I learn what I need to learn when the time is right as things always happen for a reason.

kind regards

Tim

dadsnook2000

T-Squares

Timbo, there are books that deeply explore T-Squares. I can't reccommend any right now as I don't have any myself -- that and the fact that I threw out about 300 astrological books a couple of years ago. I wasn't reading them or referring to them and needed the space.

Anyways, T-squares are complex patterns in themselves. Using your own example we can see 1) Mercury opposite Moon, 2) Mercury in a "closing" square to Neptune, 3) Moon in an "opening" square to Neptune. Then we have the various supportive or modifying aspects to the T-Square such as 4) Saturn in a closing trine to Neptune (the focal planet of the pattern), and 5) the wide but influential bracketing of Mercury by Venus and Mars.

So, lets toss out some random comments for you to consider. Mercury, Mars and Neptune are one of the prime groupings suggesting creativity; Mercury for perception, Neptune for imagination, Mars for the energy to create or "grow" what is perceived and imagined. Neptune trine Saturn would give form to the imagination; suggesting sculpture, physical shaping and organizing, rather than music or intangibles such as story telling. Venus in a supporting role and conjunct the ASC angle brings in harmony and balance, so pleasing others is important. Mercury closing Neptune suggests that "bringing" creativity into a demonstratable, physical setting or formal (?) presentation is important. Moon opening from Neptune suggests that you incorporate a lot of emotion and enthusiasm in the actual artistic expression of your work. Both Moon and Neptune relate to the public and large groups of people, so there is less likely to be much "private" or personal artwork for your own satisfaction, more likely it is (as you noted) destined to elicit the approval and appreciation of others. This is were the need for "others" as the basis for motivation comes from.

So, what do you do with this T-Square? Transits to its points or to the opposition point to Neptune by other planets will tend to symbolize new opportunities for expanding or incorporating other energies into this pattern, into your creativity. As an example, a year or two back when Saturn was in Gemini can you recall how you dealt with structure and illusion at that point? Saturn is the illusion of reality while Neptune makes real that which isn't. Did this abstract theme color your work in any way? If so, this is how transits can impact your work, your personality, your lifestyle. Happy exploring. Dave

paradoxx

the elemental connection

Leo=fixed fire
Virgo=mutable earth

Leo fire is like lava, or the sun, a furnace of energy. Virgo earth is like the fine granules of sand in the desert, sometimes in the form of quicksand. Your virgo side is brought to life with nourishment (water signs) and your Leo side brings green into the scene.

fire and earth makes for hot ground, so your expectations may push some others away if they can't stand accepting your standards let alone living by them.