Tarot Deck Extras

dolphingirl

Sometimes when a person buys a deck from an artist they will include extra's with their deck from prints to extra cards and many other things.

My question is what are the most unusual extra's you have recieved with a deck?

What extra's were your favorites?

What extra's would you like to see with a deck you buy?

Cerulean

Extras I remember

1. Tarot de Paris (JPT) had a scarf in the set.

2. World Tree had a nifty online manual free

3. Marie White's tarot had a spreadcloth she made for the majors/aces set

4. Ukiyo-e had a very nice folkloric booklet, I like the 'minga' everyday folklore tastes

5. Di Vecchi sets, Italian: Bookcase style packaging, nice compact books (in Italian), big cards, lovely textured paper. I like this best.

Cerulean

Fulgour

The Lover's Path Tarot ~ Limited Edition of 400 Copies

Besides everything like with the regular edition, there is also
an autographed card, Artistry XXII ~and a frameable print,
with a signed certificate included with the Limited Edition.

http://www.artandwords.com/giftworks/lp/index.html
click on link to view...

Owlface

Extras

May I second fulgour-I was delighted with the LOVER'S PATH card "Artistry" and with the beautiful print.

You're being very cryptic, dolphingirl !-the monster stickers with your MOVIE MONSTER TAROT are just great, and not just for Hallowe'en.

I love extras-not just for themselves, but because they show how much thought and imagination the creator has put into their work. :)

love

rosyelf

temperlyne

hmmm you know what I'd like to have with each deck? A nice sturdy and durable box, made of wood or metal, which complements the cards style. i suppose it would make decks very expensive, but I'd pay extra for a perfectly fitting, 'themed' box.

roppo

Atelier Marie Tarot had a CD-ROM game in the set.
Some pointed out the game had the tarot for extra; I don't care.

Keslynn

I also really enjoyed the extras with the Lovers Path Limited Edition. It was a gorgeous set all 'round.

The Gaian Tarot majors came with a lovely velvet bag with herbs and a stone and shell inside. I like it when decks come with a bag or box to hold them in (other than the regular cardboard boxes). I've noticed that Llewellyn has been including black organza bags with their newer decks, and I like that.

The Marita Liulita Tarot comes with free member access to her website, which allows you to do computer readings. The spreads are really interesting though I haven't tried them yet.

:) Kes

Alta

LongMoment tarot: comes in a lovely box made of thin bamboo sticks. Nicely finished too.

I got a deck a while ago (which one??) with a purple silky spreadcloth, and as someone mentioned the Tarot de Paris also comes with a spreadcloth.

Of course Karen (baba-prague) always throws in extras, like extra cards etc in her orders. I have liked those.

And some decks have extra cards, alternate cards and non-tarot extra cards. The Unicursal hexagram and the 3 Magicians come in some Thoth decks. Plus of course The Happy Squirrel, Prudence and Hermes cards in International Icon, ToPragueII and BBCats respectively.

Alta

ah yes, I forgot

The Ironwing comes with a choice of three bags, and a really enthralling book which has a lot more to do with shamanism than tarot. :)

Chronata

The very first deck I can think of..that came with "stuff" was the Mythic, with the detailed silky black spreadcloth, and the hardcover book.

At the time, I considered in unnecessary...but it was something to wrap the cards in, so that was kind of cool!

I loved the preorder postcards and the signed card from the BBCats!

And the preorder goodies I got with the Sakki Sakki...stickers, the proof card, and the big red feather...made me positively giggle with delight! It fits in perfectly with the giddy fun that is that entire deck!