Saturn in Leo

prudence

ncfcfn,
what type of energy shift is expected when saturn moves into leo later on this year? And for those with a lot of fixed signs, what can they expect?
thanks for this thread, it is very interesting
astrid

ncefafn

Hi, Astrid. Minderwiz, Isthmus, Paradoxx and Dadsnook are really the people to ask about that. I'm just a duffer when it comes to astrology. As for transiting Saturn's effect on your chart, it depends on what planets or angles he hits. For instance -- and this is extreme -- when Saturn squared my natal Saturn, my mom died. However, at the time, Uranus was also hitting my MC/IC axis, and my Moon/Venus/Neptune t-square. It usually takes big combos of transits, like the one mentioned above, for major events to happen.

But let's take a minor for instance, say of Saturn conjuncting your Mars. When this happens, it will feel like you're driving with your brakes on. You've got all this energy, and it's being shoved down by obligations, discipline, authority. However, if you handle it well, you'll come out of the transit with the ability to discipline yourself, to rein in and channel your energy into appropriate directions instead of flying off the handle. If Saturn opposes your Mars, it feels like other people are doing all the squelching, which makes it a little bit harder to handle.

Transiting Saturn generally reins in, sets limits, disciplines and teaches lessons to whatever planet he hits. It can be a good thing or a bad thing, depending on your outlook and on the particular planet he hits. Saturn hitting the Moon is, in general, pretty depressing.

Kim

paradoxx

how about some links

Saturn in Cancer
http://www.horoscope-x-files.com/horoscope/cancer-saturn.htm
http://www.guidingstar.com/SaturnInCancer.html

Saturn in Leo
http://www.horoscope-x-files.com/horoscope/leo-saturn.htm
http://www.universalastrology.com.au/article12.htm
http://www.guidingstar.com/SaturnInLeo.html
(and if you think saturn was scary before: Disco is coming into style is mentioned for Sat's leo positioning.)

Universal Astrology articles
http://www.universalastrology.com.au/articles.htm

My general impression is that cooperation between leaders and followers will be destabilized, unions will be stressed and some dissolved. Workplace ethics will degrade, sweatshops will be given more immunity in less-developed nations but also indicates the extreme opposite is true, that companies who are invested in keeping good quality may have other sinister reasons. Investment into the knowledge
of the situation is important to make the correct decisions that will last through the Cancer/Leo cusp for the right reasons.

That is what has come for us during this last decante of Cancer, ruled by Pisces, the current Piscean prescence is amplified (is that why everyone is getting sick?) by Saturn and the Darkmoon Lilith (gravitional void that keeps the moon in orbit and acts as a required or nessacary void in lifes' events.) . We are starting to come to terms with the voids from the events in our recent lives, but at the same time, older wounds are still being felt and are in need of at least a checkup. Pisces does not like things unresolved, tell people what they need to know so the false appearances can halt.

Mars in Capricorn is something else though, thought and action merging one in the same, nothing the same again.

Red Black and White critters, eh? Sounds like the ants I have around my house, a colony of red ants and a colony of black ants with white specks. Red ants are ok to have around, but they do indeed tend to cause some problems if left uncontrolled. Black ants are much more dosile to have around. I prefer spidres in my garden any day.

isthmus nekoi

ncefafn,

That is a rather extreme case. I would also look at progressed planets to see what they were doing.... I recently had the same transit (Saturn square Saturn) and it manifested in some very intense dreams.

People heavy in fixed signs are going to feel more **pressure** from Saturn when it transits through Leo. As ncefafn has states, Saturn does bring restrictions, obligations etc.

Saturn in general however, doesn't like Leo. He's the traditional ruler of Aquarius, Leo's opposing sign making Saturn in detriment here. Saturn does better in detached, scientific Aquarius than hot and showy Leo. Disco. *shudders*

DollieAnna

ncefafn said:
But let's take a minor for instance, say of Saturn conjuncting your Mars. When this happens, it will feel like you're driving with your brakes on. You've got all this energy, and it's being shoved down by obligations, discipline, authority. However, if you handle it well, you'll come out of the transit with the ability to discipline yourself, to rein in and channel your energy into appropriate directions instead of flying off the handle. If Saturn opposes your Mars, it feels like other people are doing all the squelching, which makes it a little bit harder to handle.

Transiting Saturn generally reins in, sets limits, disciplines and teaches lessons to whatever planet he hits. It can be a good thing or a bad thing, depending on your outlook and on the particular planet he hits. Saturn hitting the Moon is, in general, pretty depressing.

Kim
Ok, So if Saturn is in opposition to my Mercury, which is in Cancer, it would make sense that people have misunderstood everything I have done and said. Could this be a simple explanation for the trouble I am having? How long does this transit last?
Thanks.
Dollie

rainwolf

I believe that in tarot the card assigned to that is the 5 of wands (saturn in leo) and is similar: arguments, disharmony, not seeing eye to eye, not willing to discuss problems, being cocky, etc. I hope that helps some.

Yay, my 200 post!

prudence

congrats rainwolf

isthmus nekoi

DollieAnna: Yes, transiting Saturn opposing natal Mercury could be causing problems. Saturn is currently in retrograde, and station on 20 degrees Cancer and then go direct in March. Saturn enters Leo in July. If you let me know what degree your Mercury is placed, I could be more specific about dates...

Because your workplace and sisters are involved, I would also look at what's happening to the rulers of the 3rd (siblings), 6th (coworkers) and 10th (career) houses. For example, if you have Virgo cusping 3rd, look to Virgo's ruler, Mercury.

DollieAnna

isthmus

Fulgour gave some good info in the other thread too.

I will go see where my important placements are. BRB
Rising Sign is in 03 Degrees Leo
Sun is in 08 Degrees Leo
Moon is in 13 Degrees Aries 9 house
Mercury is in 25 Degrees Cancer 12 house
Venus is in 27 Degrees Gemini 11 house
Mars is in 20 Degrees Virgo 3 house
Jupiter is in 01 Degrees Aquarius 6 house
Saturn is in 25 Degrees Capricorn 6 house
Uranus is in 25 Degrees Leo 2 house
Neptune is in 08 Degrees Scorpio 4 house
Pluto is in 06 Degrees Virgo 2 house
N. Node is in 27 Degrees Leo 2 house

Minderwiz

Well, as someone who has Saturn in Leo in my natal chart, I have to say that I'm not sure what it means:(

For me, personally, it means that in tweny one degrees and seven minutes thereafter I will have my second Saturn return - A new, and probably the last Saturn cycle will begin.

At a more general level, it all depends on a number of other variables - firstly what house does Saturn fall in? Saturn in Leo the twelfth and Saturn in Leo conjunct the MC different things. Saturn in Leo transiting the tenth means something different from Saturn in Leo transiting the sixth.

Secondly it depends on what type of chart you are casting. Modern Astrology is so fixed in the rut of Natal charting, that many don't realise that there are other forms of Astrology. Are we talking about Saturn in Leo in horary? - where it's meaning may be ephemeral or are we talking of Mundane Astrology where Saturn in Leo continuing to transit the USA's eighth house (Sibley chart) and then ninth houses may have far longer and stronger significance.

There's no simple answer - the meaning varies according to the specific circumstances. The only common factor is that Saturn continues to be debiliated in terms of essential dignity and even this may be more than compensated by angularity or other accidental factors.

The more I learn the less willing I become to make generalisations. Astrology involves applying rules to a specific chart - the 'cookbooks', whilst useful (and we've all got them) can only give possibilities that we have to consider and adapt.