Jasmine

PandoraFaery

I just aquired some Jasmine. I was wondering if anybody knew the herbal properties. Also, can you make tea with it?
Thanks

PandoraFaery

thank you

Ilex

Jasmine is wonderful. Makes a beautiful vine. We had loads at the old house in the backyard.
My newest experiment is peppermint...it died at first but i repotted and gave more light, and wala...it will grown *like a weed* too.
:)

Cagedflame

Ilex... it WILL take over as a weed if you're not really careful. >_<
At my house, all mint is grown in pots for this reason.

I've thrown a couple jasmine flowers in my tea before, tastes kinda nice. Yet to find any specific healing properties in any of my herbal medicine books, but if you're after the "witchy" properties of it, I've mostly head it associated w/ sleep and dreams (possibly prophetic) and sometimes with drawing luck.

TemperanceAngel

Aaaahhhhhh.....I have been avoiding this thread because our wondrous jasmine plant. Actually it's the neighbours, which covered the top of the fence, gave us more privacy and the birds loved it, has been pulled down.

Oh woe...

P.S. Magically wise, a great flower for the Goddess :)

PandoraFaery

thanks bunches. that helps even more. that's exactly what i was looking for.

mehndigirl

Jasmine is my favorite!

It makes wonderful perfume! Medicinally it's good for headaches, depression, tension and more. Witchy properties include romance and inducing dreams. Great for tea too, but don't let it steep more than 3 min. or it will get bitter.

Enjoy!

Ilex

Jasmine Tea

I wonder, can you steep the fresh jasmine? Or should dried, be used.
What if a person used jasimine in a juicer? Could they then use the liquid for a perfume?
I was just wondering....

Sophie

A few drops of jasmine essence in the bath ....ah, Cleopatra would not have been more cossetted :)